Chapter Seventeen

Yay! I posted, and I hope it's soon enough for you guys

Today is my birthday!!!! Yays, I'm so happy. And winter break is starting now, so extra yays!!!

In the picture, she has blond hair, but she actually has brown, just letting you guys know for sure.

Please vote you guys, It's just a click of a button :D.

Chapter Seventeen – Derek

---------------------------

“What?”

My words echoed and vibrated off the walls in a distant tone. I wasn't sure how I felt, all the feelings that came rushing back were mixed.

This time, I really looked at Celeste, taking in the details. With her brown hair windswept over her shoulder, she was dressed in what looked like a dark brown metal plated skirt. The shirt she wore was connected by a belt around her waist, attended by puffy sleeves and two shield like figures that held it together. Light pink gloves covered her hands and arms, and shin guards were applied to her knees. Knee high boots finished the outcome. A long sword with a gold hilt was sheathed in what looked like a weapon holder at her hip. A knights uniform.

“Your my... he... you... your a knight? My guardian knight? My father assigned you to that job?” She smiled silently at me and nodded as if she found some of this amusing.

“You could put it like that, I guess. But yes, Derek, I am you guardian knight.”

“But your a girl,” I said confused. Her eyes suddenly narrowed at me, and I realized what I had said.

“No! I mean I'm not saying that girls are weak, cause obviously you're not, but I've never seen a girl knight before.” Celeste nodded as if that much made sense.

“That,” she said, “is true. That's because there aren't that many of them. Half of the girls in the world don't want to be knights, and the other half aren't tactful enough, strong enough, wise enough, determined enough, ever thought about, or looked down upon by men who think we can't do that.”

“And you are?” She raised her eyebrow at me.

“Are what?”

“Good enough,” I answered.

“Am I not?” she asked. I shook my head.

“No, your good. Too good actually.” And you shouldn't be risking your life for me.

And then I really started to take it all in.

If I was in danger, she would try to save me. But hell, that wouldn't work. She should know damn well that I would try to save her, not the other way around.

I glanced back at her, at her small face and her delicate features. Letting her hair blow in front of her face as the wind blew, she stared at me with a determined look on her face.

“No matter what you say Derek, I'm going to be your knight. My father protected your father, and I'll protect you. See, it runs in the family. I'm going to guard you Derek. No. Matter. What.”

No matter what.

And then it really hit me. Those words.

Oh god, the girl I loved was going to try to protect me.