Chapter Five

---------

Seriously! 120 on the What's Hot list!...

I love you guys!!!

Okay, this time, how about 30 votes for an ASAP upload? My usual uploads should be either every four to five days, or every Friday. For that though, I'll need at least 15 votes.

Sound fair?

If you guys have forgotten where the private room was, it's the one where Celeste, Scarlet, and Jere were talking on the night of the party.

---------

Chapter Five

Instead of the usual saying, "How are you this fine morn?", I snapped, "What are you doing here?"

His eyes widened and someone gasped behind him. My eyes traveled around him and my eyes widened too. The queen and king stood behind him, followed by a platoon of soldiers. I'm such an idiot. Me and my big mouth. Did I want my head chopped off? The queen's head snapped towards me.

"Where are your manners? You ungrateful little child-"

She stopped suddenly as her eyes suddenly realized it was me. I didn't know why, but the color seemed to drain from her face.

"Your Majesties. I'm sorry and ask for forgiveness, "I said bowing. The queen quickly shook her head.

"No need for that. I am sorry. You may speak as you wish. I thought you were one of your sisters." My eyes narrowed.

"And it is okay to speak as which with my sisters." Her face paled slightly, but then the king spoke.

"Darling, who is this, dark dressed girl." I almost smirked at how he addressed me. The queen's eyes bulged.

"Why, that's Celeste, General Edulici's daughter."

"Really?" he asked surprised. The king stared at me for a long moment. "Ah yes, you do look quite like your father."

I felt my lips turn into a scowl. How could he know how I looked like my father if he couldn't see my face behind the hood. He laughed.

"I can see the shape of your face still. He always brought pictures with him when we had to journey to another country." Oh. "Your father was a very respectable man and had very great honor."

Usually, whenever I heard this, I would roll my eyes because it wasn't really believable. Everyone said this. But I believed the king. You could see it in his eyes that he meant it. My father and him were close, him being the king's personal knight, so I trusted him, and knew that the king would be the one to know him best.

"Thank you sir. But might I ask... why are you here?" The king and queen frowned.

"Well weren't you informed dear? We're having breakfast with your family."

"Why?" I asked surprised. It wasn't usual for monarchs to petty themselves with lower class daily events.

"We need to speak with your mother," the king said. "Naturally, we would have spoken with your father, but since he's..."

The words were left unspoken, but everyone knew what the words were, and they hung heavily in the air.

"So," he continued. "We must speak with your mother. She's next on the council board so I must bring the news to her."

"So everyone here is having breakfast together?" The queen shook her head.

"Well of course not deary. Just my husband, our son, and your mother."