Chapter Ten

Let me just say that none of this story is edited yet, so it isn't perfect, and I'm sorry. I'm just trying to get it written first.

And let me also be clear, that this is set in modern times, but it has a bit of the past, because I guess you could say that this country is just a little behind on times. But the time is modern, got that?

Also, please don't be mad at me. I've wanted to type, but I've also got other family members hogging the computer, so I can't always type, no matter how much I want to. I promise to write another chapter soon to make it up to you guys. I think one more chapter after this, then it's the ball, so bear with me please, and vote and comment!! Please comment, I read every single ones you write.

I'm so tired too, my bus was late this afternoon so I had to wait outside in the cold and while it was raining!

But enough about me, enjoy!

Chapter Ten

-----------

It was early the next morning that I woke up, the sun settling in to the sky and laying a beautiful fog over the windows and the inside of my room. I sat at the edge of my bed as I got ready for my early morning Friday jog. Sounds strange? Well, that's just me.

Yesterday night, or really during the night I should say, we had brought Francesca back to the castle, where a gathering of worried people, royalty, and soldiers had stood. They demanded we tell them what happen, which, of course is what we did.

I told them about how the Radeskians had invaded some of the castle and had stolen some of the horses. They had found us while we were walking and they had attacked us both, while knocking me out, and kidnapping Francesca. Derek had found me when I was unconscious, and we had decided to go rescue Francesca ourselves.

When some of the soldiers had asked why we hadn't gone for help a recruited a rescue team, being the over confident person I was, I told them that I had thought it would be pretty easy and that I could take on the Radeskians myself. But that's what I had just told them.

The actual truth was that I had wanted to take on the Radeskians myself. Just me, with no one else. I wanted revenge for Francesca. I wanted revenge for Serenia. No- I had wanted revenge for my father. But I hadn't gotten it. I wouldn't get my revenge until they were all dead, especially the cocky leader with green eyes and light brown hair. I don't know why, but he seemed so familiar, and it bothered me so much.

During our explanation, some of the soldiers and maids had carried Francesca to the castle doctor while all the royalty at the Gathering was watching. I had thought they should have really just gotten back to the their little party, because if it was me, I would have preferred it if people weren't watching me while I was injured and unconscious.

As I was pulling on a navy blue sweatshirt and a pair of black baggy sweatpants, their was a soft knock at the door. It opened up to reveal Celia and Delaine dressed in two identical night gowns. When they assessed what I was wearing, their eyes widened.

"Ooh! Today's your morning jog! Can we come?" Celia asked.

"Please, please, please," Delaine added. "We want to look good for the ball tonight. I think I gained a pound." I rolled my eyes, then stopped. Oh yeah, tonight was the ball. How could I have forgotten. Well, with everything else happening I guess it was obviously easily forgotten. I remembered the cloth and fabric for my dress, still piled inside my closet, only about two-thirds done. Ah well, I'd have time in the afternoon to finish.

I shook my head at my sisters.

"No, you guys can't come. You know I like my jogs peaceful and quiet. All you guys are going to do are babble on and on and keep me from running as much as I would like." They rolled their eyes.