Something Special

*Scott's POV*

"No, like Mitch, I really love you."

The words slipped out of my mouth like butter.

Mitch stared at me for a long minute before turning his head.

He looked back at me and raised his hands as if he were going to sign something.

Scott. I love you too. But no. I can't do this.

"You like me back?" I ask, a little too enthusiastically.

Yes.

Just..."yes"?

"So, um...I'll be back." I say and run out of the room.

I run out of the room, heading outside to get some air only to be met by the others.

"Scott! Is Mitch okay? I heard that he woke up!" Says Kirstie.

"Yeah, yeah Mitch is great," I say, trying to hide my awkward. "I was just gonna get him some juice, but you guys can go ahead."

"Thanks." Says Kevin and they head to Mitch's room.

I run towards the elevators and go to the roof.

I step outside and sigh in relief. It's nearly empty, except for one girl, who's sitting by herself on her phone.

I go and sit on a bench and just scroll through Twitter to get my mind off of things.

All of our fans are dying to know what's up with Mitch, so all of our Twitters are blowing up.

A girl walks up to me after about ten minutes.

"Are you Scott Hoying?"

I look up at her. She has an IV in her arm with fluid being pumped through it.

"Indeed I am. And you?"

"I'm Sam. I'm a really big Pentatonix fan." She says with a smile.

"So am I." I say and we laugh.

"So, what brings you here? Aren't you on tour?" She says with a confused look on her face.

"Well, I'll tell you, if you promise not to tell." I say, glad that I have a non-crazy fan to talk to.

"Promise. Don't have many friends here anyway." She says and pinkie promises.

"Mitch tried to commit suicide. He took sleeping pills. He's getting better, though." I say and sigh.

"You mean, crazy, fun Mitch. Superfruit Mitch. Mitchell Coby-Michael Grassi." She says in disbelief.

"Yep. Same guy. He's been like this for a while. It's scary."

"If Mitch died...if any of you guys died...I don't know what I'd do. You guys keep me happy when I'm here. Trust me, that's a lot."

"Why are you here anyway, if you don't mind me asking." I question, wondering how this kid is so happy.

"I have half a heart, mainly, but I only have one, well technically one half of a functional kidney. But now it's my lungs. They filled with fluid. It's like The Fault in Our Stars, but without the cancer."

I was shocked to hear that. "Wow...you're such an awesome person."

"I hope you know that made me fangirl really hard inside." She said with a big smile.

"I hope you know that you're making my day." I say and smile at her.

"Omg I'm making your day? That's really nice!" She says excitedly.

I laugh. "Yeah you are. I should be getting back soon, but I'll come visit you later. What's your room number?"

"304. Pulmonary."

"Okay. I'll come see you later, but I have to go. Bye! And thanks."

We say goodbye and I head back up to Mitch's room, getting him a drink on the way.

Everyone stares at me as I walk in the door.

"Hey guys! I got your drink Mitch." I say and hand him his drink.

Thanks.

It's silent.

"What?" I say and look around.

"Do you love him?" Kirstie says and my heart drops to my stomach.

He told them.

"I um..."

I run my hand through my hair and take a deep breath, knowing what I should do.

"Yes. I do. I love you, Mitch Grassi."

It's silent again and then a big smile spreads across Mitch's face.

"Yes! I knew it!" Kirstie says and Kevin groans and hands Avi $20.

"You knew it? What do you mean and why are you...you guys bet on us?"

"Yeah. It was pretty obvious." Avi says.

I rolled my eyes and sat with Mitch.

"Whatever. What I came up here for was to tell you guys that I just met a fan. She has a bunch of disorders and she's here a lot. She's pretty cool, too."

We should meet her.

"Maybe. I think it's a good idea. I'm just afraid that she might post stuff on social media about us being here."

True.

"I still think we could." Says Kevin.

"Maybe we should wait and make sure word doesn't get around." I say.

We chat about that some more until visiting hours are over.

When everyone leaves, Mitch is already asleep.

I take his hand in mine and lay my head on his chest.

I really think that this could be something special.