Free Day!

A/N: Hey y'all! So my mom is going to start taking my phone and iPad at 9:00 for some reason so I won't be able to write at night anymore unless I write in my notebook.

I'll write after school and stuff so worry not children.

Ily.

!|^|*!~<|*\¥\+!]%{^|£>|%*]£]=\~%\

*Scott's POV*

I walk into Sam's room the next morning. "I got you some Bojangles."

I look over at her to see her crying.

"Sam! Sam, what's wrong?" I rush to her side.

She takes my hand. "It's gone, Scott. It's gone!"

"What's gone? Calm down."

"The cancer," She stops crying and smiles. "It's gone! I can get out of here! I'm a good actress, right?"

"Sam! That's great! And yes, you and me scared!" I say and hug her. "You have no idea how excited I am right now."

"Yeah, it's great! Just, the chemo made me lose my hair. Did you bring food?" She says.

"Wow way to be happy about the fact that you don't have a life-threatening disease now. And of course. Your favorite." I say and give her her food.

"Yassss. I'm getting tired of hospital food."

"I bet you are. So, we have a day off today so I was wondering if you wanted to do something?" I say and sit on her bed.

"Sure! What should we do?"

"I don't know. Where do you wanna go?" I ask.

"Well...I love the Discovery Place (shoutout). It's a really cool museum here."

"Do they have nerdy science-y stuff?"

"Of course. And Mitch is coming too." I say as Mitch walks in.

"Hey Mitch!"

Hey Sam. How are you feeling?

"Better."

Good.

"Yeah. I'm so glad you're doing better. So when do you wanna go? Mitch has speech later." I say.

"I guess we can go on a few. It's best to get out early." Sam says.

"Okay. Is it okay that you leave? You just had surgery..."

"Of course it's not okay. I just wanna get out of here." She retorts.

I give her a look. "I feel like I should be a responsible adult here and say no, but I'm not a responsible adult, so let's go!"

"Yay! Okay, can you hand me that bag?" She points to a large bag in the corner.

I hand her the bag and she gets some clothes out.

"Thanks. Now leave so I can get ready. But help me up?" She says and I carefully sit her up.

"Thank you." She says and Mitch and I walk out.

"I'm still scared, Mitch." I say in a hushed voice.

Scott, she will be fine.

"I know, it's just, she hasn't been out in a while. What if something happens or-?"

"I'm ready!" She opens her door.

"Yay! Do we need to get a nurse or someone to help with busting you out of here?" I ask and get a wheelchair.