ch. 1 me against the world

I do not own any of these characters.

I was 4 years old. My mother had already passed. I attended the academy already because I was quite skilled for my age. My father walked me to the academy.

That day he left for a mission. The next time I saw him, he was dead on the floor of our house. He had killed himself, dye to guilt of saving his friends lives rather than completing the mission.

I was terrified. I didn't know what to do, but all I could think was 'why is daddy gone, he won't wake up.'

I ran next door for help. Daddy was taken away. I cried, but I didn't really understand what death was at that age.

Next, I was 13. I was independent, but I still cared for my comrades, even if they were a bit annoying. That day, I watched as Obito, my new friend took his final breath. This time, I understood what death was. Tears pricked the corners of my eyes.

I think he was still 13, maybe 14 at this point. Rin and I were on a mission, when suddenly, she was kidnapped and put under genjutsu. After I rescued her, she told me we couldn't go back to the village because they had put the 3 tails inside her, and would release it once we got back.

I didn't listen. When the enemy caught up with us I threw my chidori at one, but then, to my horror, Rin jumped in front of me, and my right hand struck her chest, right through her heart.

Why. Why was this happening. Hot, salty tears blurred my vision as I mercilessly slaughtered the rest of the enemy.

I had done it. I had taken the life of my only friend I left. I cried in shock the rest of the way back to the village.

As I approached the hokages office, I knew Minato sensei would never look at me the sa me way again. I was his only student left. And what had I done? I failed to save Obito, and then...I had killed Rin. My head felt dizzy, my throat was dry, and aching.

I stumbled my way towards the door, my comrades blood still on my hands. I had brought her body back, but it was still at the gate. I knocked, hoping Minato sensei was on a break, or out somewhere.

"Come in." I heard Minato say.

I swallowed, but found it increasingly difficult. My breathing became rapid and uneven as I opened the door. Instantly, Minato knew something was wrong.

He sprung from his chair holding me gently by my shoulders, trying to soothe my broken spirit.

"Kakashi, what happened?" He asked. "And where's Rin?"

At the mention of Rin, I choked harshly, my dry throat unable to speak properly. Minato quickly grabbed me his bottle allowing me to drink.

I quickly drank the water, soothing my sore, pain filled throat, gasping for air. Minato looked at me with concern.

"Sensei," I gasped, crying uncontrollably. "Rin, she's d-dead." I choked again as more tears poured down my face.

Minato's face paled, all the color instantly draining.

I quickly explained the mission, Minato listened carefully, and put it down in his report. Soon afterwards there was a funeral.

This time I was 15, and Minato and Kushina's baby was being born. Suddenly a strange Chakra filled the village. None of us young ninja were allowed to fight.

The next day, Minato and Kushina were dead;their child being the heir for the 9 tails. Now, I was really alone. I began to go on missions, dangerous missions with the anbu, hoping that I would die on one.

Other team members said that it was like I wanted to die. And they were right. The 3rd hokage took note of this and removed me from the anbu.

Instead, he had another idea. He had been looking after my sensei's child for a few weeks, and needed someone to look after him. He assigned me to this mission reluctantly, I agreed.