ch. 7

Sarutobi sensei's pov

I watched as the young ninja strolled into my office. 'I wonder what he's up to?' I thought.

"Sarutobi sensei. I've been hearing things about the mission you've put Kakashi on. A lot of ninja from our village are saying that it is irresponsible to put him in charge of a child." Gai told me.

Well, I guess something like this was bound to happen eventually. The boy continued.

"And that is not all. My friends say that Kakashi gives little to no regard for his own life, almost suicidal, and that to place such a responsibility on him isn't wise."

I let the boy finish before I began to speak as well. I might as well explain my reasoning.

"Gai, it is for every one of those reasons that I placed young Naruto in Kakashi's care. After all, shouldn't your generation begin to think about training youngons in the future?" I asked him.

His eyes sparkled at my words. And teeth.

"So are you saying that I should also look for younger ninja to train?" He asked excitedly.

"It's not a terrible idea." I said, letting him decide for himself.

"Then I must not let Kakashi beat me! I'll find small children to train in the way of ninjutsu as well!" Gai shouted, bounding out the door.

He sure seems excited. It looks like this generation will be a promising one.

Gai's pov

'Where am I going to find someone to train? I should have asked the hokage for recommendation...I'll ask next time I see him.'