𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎

A one way trip to Mexico

The three awkward teens stood in the village square eyeing the locals warily before realising they were being stared at

The three awkward teens stood in the village square eyeing the locals warily before realising they were being stared at. Mostly because they didn't look like everyone else. Which was expected when crossing the border and going south. It wasn't the curious stares Lexie was worried about, it was everything else. The awfully thought out plan and the fact they were in a foreign country, a place the two teens either side of her knew nothing about. 

Lexie took the lead, her feet crunching against the sand and dust beneath her boots as she took in the sights. She'd always wanted to go to Mexico...but not like this. 

"This is the stupidest idea we've ever had. You guys are aware of that, right?" 

"I think...the town's pretty nice." Stiles commented, trying to avoid answering the real question. Lexie just rolled her eyes as her boyfriend and sister continued to bicker behind her, all whilst she took in the sight before her. Flowers, plants and green vines falling over the sides of crumbling balconies, and market stalls peppered across the road, blocking the access for cars even, causing a yellow volkswagen taxi to start beeping at the people carelessly crossing the road. 

Spices and the smell of fresh meat and fish drifted through the air, mixing with the humidity and creating a sort of unpleasant smell. Kids passed by, running after each other as they kicked along a soccer ball, their cheers of triumphant joy echoing through the small village and yet annoying the locals of the town. The girl took a few steps forward before stopping and noticing an uneasy feeling washing over her. 

She didn't know what it meant. Whether it was a warning for the plan they were supposed to try execute to perfection, or perhaps the events of the near future. To be completely honest she hadn't used her Banshee powers in so long. Not properly since the night they won the game. And that had to be at least a month or so ago. Since then she had fallen back into a normal life, a normal routine, growing her friendships within the pack and strengthening her relationship with Stiles. It felt peaceful, until they realised Derek wasn't just AWOL, but missing. 

Lexie stood there now, putting the map into her back pocket whilst overhearing louder arguing from behind her. The Banshee spun around, furrowing her brows at what seemed like two grown ass kids fighting like babies. "Okay that's enough. Can both of you please be quiet? I can't listen to you guys argue anymore."

"Tell that to your sister, who hasn't stopped being pessimistic since the second we got here." Stiles moaned, staring straight towards the redhead as Lydia scoffed beside him, glaring daggers into the side of his head before turning to her sister, ready to announce her opinion, as usual. 

"Well maybe your boyfriend shouldn't have come up with such a crappy plan."

Lexie groaned inwardly, they were starting to really piss her off, "Okay we get it. The plan isn't a great one and we're all probably gonna die. But so what? That's like a regular Tuesday for us, so please, just stop talking!" the two of her closest people in the world glared at each other before Lydia took the lead and strutted along, leaving Lexie to sigh as she grabbed Stiles' hand.