𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘

La Iglesia

The three teens rushed into the Animal clinic, following a frantic Sabrina

The three teens rushed into the Animal clinic, following a frantic Sabrina. "Look, I have been leaving him texts and voicemails, Derek hasn't gotten back to me," she spoke angrily as she began rooting through cupboards, Scott giving her a quizzical look for just trashing his place of work, 

"What if he just left? I mean isn't that what he did after the Darach and the Alpha pack. Maybe he came back to help to just leave again once it's over." Lexie suggested with a slight shrug as she stood beside her boyfriend, the two of them just believing that the werewolf once again left to relish in his loneliness. 

Sabrina sighed,"He would've told me, he would've at least said goodbye." the three teens looked around at each other, not expecting that from Derek Hale. But he was a completely different person with Sabrina, and she was the only one who knew what he was really like,"Guys, this isn't the Derek we knew a year ago, okay? He's not a selfish, egotistical Alpha. He...he means something to me and now he's gone. And I don't think he just left, I think he was taken."

"Okay, would you like to elaborate." Stiles pressed, getting agitated at the sound of yet another oncoming mission, 

She slammed down a metal jar in front of her, glancing between the others wearily,"I've been at his loft constantly over the past several weeks. I could smell something there, like a struggle, a fight with someone. And then I found these," she reached in and took out one of the gold casings, holding it in her fingertips and ultimately putting it on show for the others, "they were just scattered around."

"What are they?" Scott asked, taking one out and looking at the deathly skull symbol on the side. 

"According to Deaton they're the bullet casings of a hunter family."

Lexie sighed, looking across at them before nodding, "Like the Argents?"

"Exactly like the Argents, although they've kept to their old code and they'll kill any werewolf in sight. Look at this symbol, it represents their family, apparently they're called the, 'Calaveras'." silence loomed over them as Stiles just dropped the casings back into the metal jar, sighing before expressing his worries, 

"So is he dead? I mean if they're hunters the bullets were probably full of wolfsbane. Do we just assume he's dead?"

Scott shook his head worriedly, not wanting to believe it, "He can't be, can he?" his sister shrugged taking out a handful and looking at them with determination before shifting her eyesight to her best friend. 

"Well there's only one way to find out. Lexie..." the Banshee nodded, quickly pushing her hair out of the way before taking a deep breath and closing her eyes. The Alpha dropped the casings into the girl's hand before stepping back and letting the harbinger of death find out what happened. Lexie moved them around in her hands, feeling the cold metal press against her skin but not feeling anything.