update!! (headcanons)

Hi. I'm awkward lol.

I finished this book a while ago, and it still needs editing which I plan to do some time in the near future, but until then I just wanted to add this update so I can clear up a few things.

Some things were never mentioned and some people have asked about them, so here are some headcanons of mine that might explain a bit more;

•Cassie never visited Peggy because she couldn't bear to see her friend in that sort of state, she also didn't feel it was fair that she got to live on and Peggy didn't. She also didn't attend her funeral because she found it too upsetting.

•At Cassie's funeral, Fury showed up and lingered in the back so he could pay his respects from a distance. When he went to visit her grave afterwards, he found that Bucky was still there and they ended up comforting each other.

•Bucky visited Cassie's grave every week and never missed it, and he always left her favourite flowers after the old ones had died.

•Steve found comfort in Bucky, Sam and Natasha and helped him get past his sisters death, and his bond with Bucky grew stronger.

•Peggy taught Cassie the basics of fighting, and when she came out of the ice, Fury was the one to train her so she could defend herself because he wanted to see her succeed.

•Bucky would often read stories from the 1940's to Cassie at nighttime to remind them where they had come from and how far they had come.

•Whenever Bucky had one of his nightmares about his time at HYDRA, Cassie would just know and her body would wake her up to comfort him. She wouldn't speak, just hold him tightly until he fell asleep again.

•Bucky constantly blamed himself for everything the winter soldier had done, yet Cassie always disagreed. It was only after she died that Bucky finally understood that he wasn't responsible for the things the winter soldier had done.

•Bucky believed it was his fault Cassie died and that she died so he could keep his integrity and still have respect to his name. She didn't want to see him become the winter soldier again, because she knew how badly it affected him.

•Bucky first fell in love with Cassie the day at the park when she tried to convince him
how beautiful it was, but he had always had feelings for her - he just didn't understand what they were.

•Tony secretly didn't blame Bucky for his parents death, so when he said he wasn't going to fight him for Cassie's sake, he was just covering up the truth that he had forgiven Bucky for anything the winter soldier had done.

•Natasha felt a lot of grief after Cassie died, and she even debated not attending her funeral. She did, in the end, but she stayed at the back next to Fury and payed her respects in private.

•Sam would always have good banter with Cassie and had to stay strong for Steve and Bucky's sake at the funeral.

•When Bucky first saw Cassie again (during Civil War), he remembered everything. It only took one look at her face for him to remember everything they had been through and how much he loved her, and that's why he was constantly putting her out of harms way in the apartment.

•Bucky and Cass did sleep together, but I just didn't write it because I wasn't really comfortable with it - sorry lol.

•Cassie would constantly refer to Bucky as 'Snowman', and he never found out why until after she died when Natasha and Steve finally told him.

•Cassie's killers were actually never caught as they got away whilst everyone was crowding around her.

I hope you enjoyed these headcanons, they're just some extra things I never got around to writing so I apologise for that. I'll probably come back to this a lot and add more things in the future.

Thank you :))