×Chapter 5×

It was a quiet night.

You could say I couldn't sleep and it didn't help that I didn't want to sleep, It was around 10-11 pm and even though I had school the next day, I just couldn't be bothered.

A gloomy sigh left my lips. My eyes flickering to stare out my bedroom window watching the night sky.

My Mum always told me that, 'Sweetie, no matter how far away I am. I'll always be with you. Just look up at the night sky and talk', but I never did. Maybe it was the fact that I knew she wouldn't hear me either way. That she was gone.

Slowly I sat up and wiped my tear stained cheeks clean with the sleeves of my hoodie. I open my bedroom window and climb down the panelling of the house. It was quite difficult and I was surprised to not have slipped.

Quickly jumping off, before I could jinx myself, I landed in such a smooth crouch position that I gave myself a silent praise. The sounds of crickets brought me back to my current task and thoughts. I looked up at the sky.

I guess... I could talk.

I walked out to a nearby Willow tree as I re-adjusted my black sweater that went to my thighs. The tree happened to be near my bedroom near the paddock that William sotred all his tools in.

Sitting down on the dark green grass, I leaned against the tree's stump while looking up at the night sky, admiring the star's and how they sparkled. The wind was blowing peacefully and made me realise that night time is actually very relaxing.

Closing my eyes, I went into deep thought. I miss my family. I miss my dad's smart ass attitude and my mother's supportive speeches. They both were good people, they both didn't deserve the fate they were given.

Inhaling the cold night air to cool down the warmth of anger that started to rise. I quickly exhaled and started to think about my sibling's. I had two younger siblings. Both twins. A boy and a girl. Yeah crazy I know.

They were the most michevious little human's I had ever met, but when you need them, they were there for you. Even though they were pretty much toddlers...they understood how I felt.

It was a sibling bond, one I cherished a lot. One I crave to have again, but too scared to do so. Too scared to lose it all over again.

"-And why are you up so late and wondering outside?"

My eyes snapped open to be greeted by Ron who leaned against the Black Topkick Truck with an raised eyebrow, his trigger-happy attitude bouncing off him instantly. He is always there, wherever I go, I see him.

It's... weird and frustrating.

"I could ask you the same question" I replied stubbornly, still angry at what he had said to me earlier. I really did not want to be around him, at all. Ron just rolled his eyes at me, like usual. Like I was the one being a nuisance.

We seemed to observe each over for a bit, the tension was rough and I really just wanted to be left alone. I noted how his blue eyes seem to glow faintly in the dark, a blue reflection on his cheekbones. Was that even normal? That just makes him more creepier.

"Are you a stalker" I ask Ron stiffly, hoping the question would make the man go away.

Ron grunted at me with a look of disbelief, before staring at me like I was an idiot. "No Hazel, I sleep out here, in the... truck"

"Right..." Was all I could think to reply with, that answer made him seem even weirder. Why sleep in the truck when there was a perfectly good house behind us?