×Chapter 23×

Song: Evanescence - Haunted

•~••~•

"Is Hazel going to be okay?" A familiar soft voice entered my hearing as I gained consciousness again. Blurry vision clearing to see the white of a ceiling.

Where am I?
Why am I not at school?
Did I have another attack again?
Damn it.

"Miss Lennox will be fine, her heart rate has gone back to normal and so has her breathing." The nurse seemed to pause during her talk. The sounds of paper being moved caught my hearing, must be my medical notes.

I can't believe my stupid panic attacks have landed me in hospital. How on earth?

"The panic Attack was pretty severe, I suggest that the best possible treatment is to seek some counselling for her PTSD, they may prescribe some medication to help with said attacks."

How the hell can I talk to somebody about giant alien robots?

I sighed to myself and finally allowed myself to look around the dully lighted room. I sat up slowly while looking around my bland surroundings. I can't believe this is my luck.

First I get stabbed by an alien robot, then Nathan ends up dead and now I am in the hospital for my mental issues. Perfect. Just...Perfect.

Looking to my left to where I heard the conversation, this is where I spot a worried Aneska talking to the nurse that was explaining the situation outside of the room. Their conversation trailed off as their attention went to me when they noticed I was awake.

"Excuse me." Aneska rushed into the room I was in in seconds after excusibg herself from the Nurse politely.

Quickly closing the room door behind her for privact, the raven haired teenager collected herself for a few long seconds. Analysing the situation. "You scared the shit out of me Hazel!" Aneska finally spoke up with relief in her voice.

"Scared me too." I can't even remember how I got here. I held my head as an headache hit me like a brick, my body was starting to acknowledge the damage done to it.

"You had a panic attack" Aneska started to explain to me, but I halted the explanation. "I know...I know what happened. Don't worry."

A few seconds passed again. Aneska slowly moved to my bedside to take a seat next to me. "You need to stop over thinking stuff dude, it's not going to help you" Aneska muttered out softly, just as affected as I was by the situation. Guilt curled around my body and I winced at the very memory of Aneska panicking.

"How..." I trailed off my sentence while I rubbed my head in thought. "...How did I get here?"

"We had to call an Ambulance, William is on his way from work to help sign you out" Aneska told me the simplest way possible. "He won't be able to stay long though. Things have been crazy since..."

Silence filled the room when Aneskas voice trailed off, an uncomfortable silence. I shifted awkwardly in the hospital bed and placed my face into my slightly shakey hands.

God, now I defiantly don't want to go back to school. Everyone is going to look at me like I'm some freak.

"I thought you hated me" I whispered out instead after finally gaining the courage to do so. My brown eyes casting downwards in shame and guilt.

Aneska stared at me, before sighing in defeat. "No I don't hate you...I was just trying to get my head around things..." The young female before me fiddled with her hands. "I didn't- I don't know how to handle Nathan's death." She admitted with a frown, tears threatening to fall.