×Chapter 8×

^^^Nathan^^^

^^^Nathan^^^

•~••~•

Two weeks has passed since I have been adopted by the Lennox family.

I guess you could say I'm finally, but of course slowly, warming up to them. Yes even Ron who only grunts halve the time, besides that it's friday afternoon and William had allowed me to have Aneska and Nathan over to hang out.

Nathan was coming over in 30 since he was coming from work, but atleast I have Aneska for company for the walk to my house. It does get boring.

"So are we walking to ya house or what?" Aneska asked me as she fixed up her snap-back and tidy'd up her long black hair.

"Well if Ron-"

"Who is this Ron anyways? Is he ya boyfriend?" Aneska cut me off, now questioning me.

Aneska had been full on detective on me this whole week since Ron picked me up most of the time, because of that; she found out I was adopted during the first week I had met her.

It didn't help that Nathan figured it out aswell, but later on.

Was it that obvious I was adopted?

"No" I sigh out with slight annoyance.

Aneska has been asking me this same question since the first day I have met her. It started to get tiring. "Ron is not my boyfriend Aneska. For the thousandth time" I rolled my eyes at her face of disbelief, but in the end she put her hands up in surrender.

"I am just sayin'!" Aneska defended herself with a cheeky grin, but my attention was caught by my phone as it vibrated.

Inatantly I checked it. "You're Walking home." I groaned at this. Laziness already kicking in.

"Ah, so we are walkin' home then!" Aneska exclaimed peeping over my shoulder, I jumped a little startled at that.

"Don't read my messages you short-ass!" I scold her while putting my phone away, pulling a face at Aneska who now playfully glared at me.

"I am not short!" I snorted at her mock outrage. "Keep saying that Aneska."

It was true, she was quite short, she reached just mid-way of my nose. Shortness ran in her family she claimed, but I think she just got skipped in the generations.

"Hazel...you know how ya' explained that Mission City information to me the other day?" Aneska started a conversation while skidding her feet across the dirt footpath on our journey home.

"Yeah?" I raise an eyebrow at the sudden question. Aneska and Nathan knows what had happened to my family now, it was because I actually felt...comfortable?

They actually didn't believe I was crazy, They believed me. I guess there is such things as true friends.

After a very emotional discussion, it turned out Aneska had lost her dad in Mission City the same day, but she never witnessed it. So she had to believe it was a terrorist attack.