Happily Ever After

I apologize ahead of time for the rambling on in this chapter. I wrote it at 2 am and despite all further attempts to edit it into some sort of readable passage, it's a bit strange.

Before Sherlock met John, he hated those fairy tales that ended in "Happily Ever After," (so basically all fairy tales.) It was so unrealistic. In real life, things ended bloody. Or at least that was Sherlock's experience.

Besides, Happily Ever After seemed overrated. Sherlock was already always bored as it was. He couldn't imagine what it would be like to not have to constantly try to thwart evil plans.

But then John came along, and not long after, so did Moriarty. Moriarty did seem to like to compare their situation to a fairy tale. Apparently, every fairy tale needs a good old fashioned villain. Now that, Sherlock could understand.

Sherlock was fine with no Happily Ever After. He knew that his story would end grisly, and he was okay with it. But then John Watson came along, and screwed everything up.

Sherlock was still okay with dying bloody, but if John Watson did... Sherlock couldn't let that happen. If anyone deserved a Happily Ever After, it was John.

When John and Sherlock became something more than friends, (Sherlock's knight in shining armor had saved the prince,) Sherlock stopped wishing for what was sure to be a gory death. He had to watch out for John. If John Watson was in danger, then Sherlock would never rest.

It was so much nicer to work cases with John. For one, it eradicated the need for a skull. Also, it was nice to have (living) company.

Why couldn't Happily Ever After include solving crimes? I mean, it was supposed to be HAPPY. That was kind of the whole point.

It wasn't long before Sherlock realized it. The final nail in he coffin. The proof that he was helplessly in love with John Watson.

When Sherlock was with John, he began hoping for Happily Ever After.