Aight this gun be sad

Ok two things: this is gonna be kinda sad and also this bit was inspired by a tumblr post.

A shaky breath rattled through Sherlock, and he closed his eyes tightly. He knew there was no hope. No point in screaming for help or trying to put himself back together again. He was going to die, it was just a matter of time. Sherlock used one hand to try to hold in his blood and guts, and reached into his coat pocket with the other.

Sherlock Holmes was lying in a back alley, a gaping hole in his side, certain to be dead soon. When he had thought about his death, Sherlock had always assumed that a million things would be going through his mind. He had gathered so much information, he had thought that there might be some sort of last gasp or something. But all he could think about was how much he wanted to talk to John Watson.

Sherlock's fingers were shaking fiercely as he pressed in the speed dial for John. As the phone rung, Sherlock tried to steady his breath. He tried to make his voice even. Even on his death bed, the thing that he was most concerned about was his fiancé's state of mind.

John answered on the third ring. "Hey genius, how are you?" He asked. Sherlock could hear the smile on his voice, and he grinned tightly.

"I'm good. How are you?" Sherlock said, his eyes closed.

John paused suspiciously. "I'm fine. Why are you being nice?"

Sherlock laughed to himself. "I'm always nice to you."

"Yeah, but you usually put it in subtext. You're never this obvious about it."

"Can't a man be nice to his future husband?" Husband, Sherlock thought. I'll never have the chance to marry John now. For the first time since this whole thing started, Sherlock felt his life crumbling around him. He took a deep breath. "Look, I just wanted to talk to you. I want to here your voice. So, tell me everything that you've done today. Tell me what you had for lunch. Tell me who came in to the doctor's office. Tell me everything."

Sherlock could practically see John frowning. "Sherlock is everything okay?" He asked worriedly. Sherlock bit his lip.

"Yeah, yeah, everything's wonderful. I just... You know that I love you right?"

"I love you too. God Sherlock, you must be in a good move, because this is probably the sweetest you've ever been."

Sherlock realized that he was crying. "I guess I've just realized what the most important part of my life is. The things I love most."

Sherlock Holmes spent the last ten minutes of his life doing the one thing he would miss most; having an everyday conversation with the love of his life.