Bus Stop

Every weekday, at 7:00 am, Sherlock Holmes and John Watson waited at the bus stop. They didn't say a word, they just stood there. John was, of course,smitten with the stranger, although they weren't exactly strangers, as they had seen each other practically everyday for a few months. But John still didn't know the man's name.

Sherlock had a crush on John, (he had seen his name on the stationary that had poked out of his bag,) but couldn't talk to him. Sherlock wasn't really one to talk to people. He had deduced most of the this about John the day that he had first seen him.

He lived alone, he didn't have any pets, he had a sister, and he had been in some sort of military training.

A few times, one of them wouldn't show up, leaving the other one to try not to feel disappointed. But even in winter, when it would have been much more enjoyable to get a ride from one of their friends than wait at a bus stop for half an hour, they would stand out there, covered head to toe in warm clothes.

They went from being strangers, to awkwardly nodding at each other, to slowly drifting closer together, until they one of them was on the verge if saying hello, and then the bus came to a screeching halt in front of them.

Sherlock could tell what kind of day John was having. If he was upset, Sherlock offered a smile. If he was happy, Sherlock offered a smile. If he was too tired to register anything, Sherlock offered a smile.

Sherlock just generally offered smiles, an act that had never before occurred. Sherlock was known among his colleagues as being cold and emotionless, but not around John Watson.

Finally, Sherlock spoke. He couldn't help it, jealousy is an incredibly strong emotion.

"Do you have a date tonight?" He blurted out. John was dressed up, and he had actually combed his hair.

John smiled. "I hope so. Do you think that you could meet me at that nice restaurant on 51st street?"

"What?"

"Do you want to go on a date tonight?"

Sherlock smiled as the bus pulled up. "Yeah, that would be wonderful."

They pushed theirselves onto the bus. John suddenly had the urge to hug the driver.