Dates

AN: In this Mary died in childbirth and John and Sherlock are raising the daughter (Mary)

"Oh my god DAD. Can you please be chill for like, five minutes? Mark is really nice and I don't want you to scare him off."

"I'd be more worried about your father. You're lucky I didn't tell him."

"You told him didn't you."

"Everything." Mary rolled her eyes at her dad's words and glared at him.

"You're really bad at telling lies aren't you."

"I have lied many times to solve a case-"

"Not that we're condoning such things, right dear?" John smirked as he entered the room, placing an arm around his husband as he glared pointedly.

"Ah yes. Never ever ever lie." Sherlock groaned sarcastically.

"And don't pretend to jump off of a building. Yeah, I've got it dad." Mary huffed, pulling on a leather jacket as she strode towards the door.

"Hold on, where are you going?" John asked quickly, moving to block the door. His daughter, having caught up to him in height, glared directly into his eyes.

"Sherlock apparently already told you."

"First names with the old man, that's a bit harsh. Don't worry, I won't point a shotgun at him when he comes in the door." John laughed slightly as he moved to allow Mary to pass. After they heard the door close to 221b, John turned to Sherlock.

"You're going to grab your pistol." Sherlock laughed as John walked by him, pulling him into a quick kiss.

"I'm going to grab my pistol."