Tea

This chapter is dedicated to Silver_Winter_Snow. You're amazing!

"Sherlock if we die-"

"We're not going to die. This man is an idiot, it's clear from his left hand that he wouldn't actually be able to kill anyone. The chipping on his fingernails tell me that he's never done this before. This is his first robbery. A bit premature if I do say so myself-"

"Sherlock."

"Yes?"

"Shut up." John shook his head slightly and put his head in his hands.

"If we do die-"

"Which we won't"

"IF we do die, there's something I want to tell you." John took. A deep breath. Their robber shot an angry glance in their direction and shouted something about not talking.

"I love you."

Sherlock was caught speechless. he looked at John as though seeing an alien. Not grotesque in anyways, in fact rather beautiful, but completely baffling. "You...love- ME?" He didn't seem so surprised that John was gay, but rather that he had chosen him, Sherlock Holmes, as the object of his affection.

"Yes." John said matter-of-factly. Sherlock narrowed his eyes, still contemplating his companion, when the robber came over to them.

"I said, STOP TALKING." The man bellowed. Sherlock smirked as he disappeared back to talk to the police about his ransom.

"His fingers are shaking. He won't be able to do much."

"Sherlock, I just poured my heart out to you."

"Right. So, we'll apprehend this bank robber, and then get tea and discuss our... feelings." He seemed greatly disgusted by this word, as though he, the great Sherlock Holmes, was not one to be bothered by feelings.

That was one of the things that made John so special. He made Sherlock feel.

"Ok. Tea sounds nice."