Fake Date

This chapter is dedicated to RedBird1028. Thanks for not murdering me, (frankly, I'm surprised you've lasted this long.)

"Sherlock... Mary invited me to her wedding." John said, frowning slightly as he reread the email.

"Why would she do that? I thought it was considered bad 'manners' to invite an ex to your wedding."

"Me and her are friends. We parted on good terms. We still hang out fairly often." John rambled, turning to face Sherlock. "The point is, I can't go alone to my ex's wedding."

"Why not?"

"Because you can't go to your ex's wedding without a date. Trust me." Sherlock shrugged.

"So, who will be your 'date?'" Sherlock said carefully, although John could detect a slight mocking tone.

"I was thinking you."

"Me? I wouldn't know the first thing about being a date." Sherlock said, taken aback.

"You bloody proposed to Janine just to break into a-" John said unbelievingly as Sherlock began to pace.

"Yes but I didn't... I didn't"

"Didn't what Sherlock?"

"I didn't have feelings for her." Sherlock spat out.

John took a moment to consider this. "Are you saying you have feelings for me?" Sherlock nodded.

"Well then you won't need to pretend. " John smiled, kissing Sherlock on the cheek as he crossed the room and made his way to the kitchen.

Sherlock was rendered speechless for the next hour.