Valentines Day

A bit late, I know, but I really wanted to do some fluffy stuff so ya.

Sherlock was nervous. He had been nervous three times in his adult life. The first was when he asked John out on a date. The second was when John was being threatened by Moriarty. The third was when John was on fire. Amazing how fire exposes our priorities.

But this was the next level. Besides, it was so... Non-Sherlock. Only one person would lead Sherlock to such drastic measures, and that person was John Watson.

Cue the flowers. He had candles set up all around 221b, (he was trying not to think about the fire hazard,) flowers littered all of the tabletops, and there was romantic violin music playing. Sherlock was pacing again, tapping his fingers against the couch. Mrs. Hudson had come in not long ago and tried to give Sherlock advice, but he had quickly ushered her out of the flat with a quick, "goodnight Mrs. Hudson!"

When Sherlock finally heard John's footsteps, which he could recognize immediately, he slipped out of the flat and waited outside the door for John.

"May I take your coat, Darling?" He asked stiffly.

John laughed and gave Sherlock his coat. "I had begun to think that you had forgotten about Valentines! Relax Sherlock, you get grumpy when you're nervous."

Sherlock was appalled. "I am not grum-" he began, but stopped quickly when he saw the smirk on John's face. "Come in then."

John walked in normally, but stopped as soon as he crossed the threshold. "Sherlock..." He whispered, looking around the room.

Sherlock stood awkwardly in the background, and then took one long step forward, and led John to the table. "Dinner?" He asked, pulling out a chair for John

John smiled warmly and took a seat. "You made this?"

"Well, technically I ordered it from that fancy restaurant a block over, but that's all details," the genius said, sitting down across from John. "Shall we make a toast?"

John smirked but rose his glass. "To Sherlock Holmes, who managed not to be a massive git for a day."

"To John Watson, who saved me." Sherlock said in reply.

John frowned. "Well that was much better than mine. Stop showing me up Sherlock."

Sherlock smiled. "I love you John Watson."

"I love you Sherlock Holmes."