I don't deserve you (girlxgirl)

Y/N POV

I've been sitting here for 2 hours maybe, I'm not sure. And by here, I mean on the hood of my car looking over the city. Just like they do in the movies. But this was no movie, it felt more like a nightmare. 

My mother died this morning after losing her battle with cancer. And if that wasn't bad enough, I got into a fight with Anna. I can't really blame anyone but myself, I started it; and I just don't mean anything I said during the fight.

Anna and I have been friends with benefits the last 3 months. We both agreed on it and also agreed that if one of us caught feelings, we would end it. Well, I broke that. It took a month and I had fallen in love with her. And I chose not to say anything, because I didn't want to lose her.

When I came over to tell her about my mother, she confronted me. Someone had told her that I had feelings for her, and I couldn't deny it. So she got mad at me and me, losing my mother on top of her yelling at me, didn't take it well. I said some dumb stuff, really dumb. So dumb, that she ended up slapping me and I didn't blame her.

Anna POV

I called Y/n for a third time, but still no answer. I walked downstairs to hang out with the others, hopefully it would help getting me in a better mood. Just as I sat on the couch next to Eva, Alex walked in. 

"Is Y/n here?" he asked and looked at me. 

"No, we got into a fight and she left." I said. "I tried calling her and she's not picking up." Alex looked at me worried, like something was wrong. 

"When did she leave?" he asked and looked at his phone.
"About 3 hours ago. Is something wrong?" I said and stood up. Alex didn't answer me. "Alex? Is something wrong?"

"You said you guys got into a fight?" I nodded. "She didn't tell you?" he asked.
"She didn't tell me what?" I asked confused, what is happening?
"Our mom died this morning." he said and looked at me with tears in his eyes.
"I-I'm so sorry." I whispered and went to give him a hug. "She didn't tell me." 

"I figured she wouldn't." Alex said. "I'm just worried about her. She's not answering my calls either. I'm gonna go look for her."
"I'll go with you." I said, I couldn't just sit here. 

"No." Alex stopped me. "Stay here, in case she comes back." I nodded. I didn't want to just sit and wait, but it made sense.
"Please call me if you find her first." I said before Alex left. He nodded and promised he would.

Y/N POV

I got into my car and looked at my phone. I had 31 missed calls. Most were from Alex, but there were also some from Anna. Alex called me again and this time I picked up. 

"I'm fine." Was the first thing I said. 

"Y/n, where are you? I've been worried sick." My brother said.
"I'm on my way home. I'll just swing by Anna's place before coming home."

"She knows." Alex said, I could hear he was worried about me being mad at him.
"It's okay. I just had to apologize for what I said to her in our fight." I said. "I'll see you when I get home." I hung up before he could say anything.

I drove to Anna's house; it was only about 8pm. I knocked on the door before walking in. Sab and Eva was standing in the kitchen eating tacos.
"Hi." I said. I kinda assumed that Anna had told them about our fight and that they knew about my mom. Eva walked over to me and gave me a hug. 

"I'm so sorry Y/n." 

"Thank you." I said as I pulled away. Sab came and gave me a hug as well. "Is she in her room?" they both nodded. I walked up the stairs and knock on her door, waiting for her to tell me to come in. 

"Come in." her voice yelled.

"Hey." I said quietly as I walked in. She stood up from her bed and looked at me without saying anything. She started to walk over to me, but I put my hand up telling her to stop. 

"I know you are probably mad at me." I started. "And I really don't blame you. I just came to tell you that I'm sorry." She stood there, just looking at me and I wanted nothing more than to hug and kiss her, but I knew I couldn't. I didn't deserve to do that. "I'm sorry for not being honest with you about my feelings, like we promised we would be. I'm sorry for what I said to you earlier today. I didn't mean any of it." 

"I understand. You lost your mother, it's okay." Anna said.
"Don't say that. It's not an excuse." I whispered and walked further away from her.
"But you were hurting and I..." I cut her off. 

"It doesn't matter. Losing my mother is not an excuse for what I said. I shouldn't have said any of that, no matter what." I breathed out. "I fucked up and I know that. I just came to apologize." I said and started to walk out of her room. 

"You're leaving?" she whispered as I reached her door. I turned and looked at her. 

"I don't deserve you, we both know that." I said and let the tears, I had been holding in, fall. Anna had tears running down her face. "I hope one day we can go back to being friends."

"Goodbye Anna." I said walking away from the best thing that ever happened to me.