Soccer girl (girlxgirl)

Y/n POV

I grabbed my bag from the car before walking into school to my locker. Logan was standing by his, which were only 2 away from mine.

"Hi." I said as I opened my locker. He pulled a book from his and closed it before answering me.
"Hey. Ready for the game today?" He asked.
"Kinda. Are you?"

"Mostly." He chuckled. We both play on the school's soccer team. Logan for the boys and me for the girls, even though I sometimes help them out. They have had a few injuries, so they had to get help from the girl's team. 

We walked to our English class, sitting in the back of the classroom. I sat behind the one and only Anna Shumate. She is one of the popular kids, I mean I am too, being on the soccer team and all. I have been trying since sophomore year to make her go out on a date with me, but we are seniors now and she still turns me down.

The day went by quickly; I was in my last class now. We always got to leave early on game days so I was just waiting for that, I could see that Logan was too. 

"All team members, please go to the locker rooms." Coach said in the speakers. The girls were playing first and then the boys, but we always got to leave at the same time. 

"Good luck." Anna said as I walked by her deck, she sat in the first of this class. 

"Thank you." I smiled before walking out of class with Logan and three others from the boys' team.

We were playing Kingston high, our rival school. The games have always be ruff with a lot of fouls being called. We won the last games against them, both the girls and boys' game, so we knew they were out for blood today.

We got to the lockers and quickly got dressed before going to the field to warm up.
"Damn, I thought Ritter were out for the season." Casey said as we saw the kids from Kingston walking of the bus. 

"Me too, I heard she busted her knee." I said. I hated Ritter, she was a bully and a bitch on the field. Her brother just as bad when I had been playing with the boys.
"Apparently not. Good luck with her Y/L/N." Casey said and patted me on the back. I play right center mid, and unlucky for me, she plays left center mid which means I have to deal with her.

The game was about to begin and most of the school had come to watch. I saw Anna in the stands with my cousin Eva, they were best friends; both being part of the popular group. I waved and they both waved back, but Anna put her hand down quickly. She looked surprised at she actually waved at me; I couldn't help but chuckled. Maybe my charm is starting to work on her. My chuckled turned into a laugh just thinking about it, I knew it wasn't my charm since I basically don't have any.

The referee blew the whistle and the game started. It started out great, we had the ball and were in offence. We had played about 20 minutes before we got a goal in; I played the ball in from the corner and Casey put it in the net. Everyone cheered in the stands as did the boys team.
It was the only goal in the game and nothing more exciting happened. Ritter took my feet from under me a few times, making me fall but I had done the same to her.

I had been playing all 90 minutes, so I sat down in the stands tired and sore, ready to see the boys play their game. I sat down with the team which also ended up being next to Eva, Anna and some others of their friends. 

"Good game Y/n!" Eva congratulated me. 

"Thanks E." I smiled, putting on my hoodie. "Don't you wanna tell me how good I was?" I said to Anna jokingly. Anna smiled and just shook her head at me.

"Not a chance Y/L/N." She chuckled. I shrugged my shoulders and focused on the game.

"They only have 1 reserve, where is Williams, Hurley and Drake?" I asked Casey.
"All is out of town." Casey answered.
"What? Why? Logan didn't tell me that."
"I don't think they knew, coach only just found out today." Casey huffed irritated. As just on cue, the assistant coach came running up to us. 

"Y/n, Casey, can you play?" He asked. Casey and looked at each other before nodding yes. "Okay, warm up and get ready." he said before leaving again. 

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Eva asked.
"Nope, but what can you do?" I shrugged before standing up to take my hoodie off.
"Not play, that's what you can do." Anna said seriously. I chuckled. 

"Worried about me now?" I asked jokingly, but Anna's face didn't change. I stopped chuckling and seriously said. "Don't worry, we are ready for this." Casey nodded with me.

No one POV

Y/n and Casey ran onto the field 15 minutes before halftime. Both were sore from their own game, but they felt like they could handle it. The 15 minutes went by quick, and the referee called halftime.

Halftime was done and the game began again. Y/n started in as center mid this time, her and Logan had switched positions. It started with Kingston having the offence, but nothing came from it.

The game was 1-1 with now 20 minutes to go. Y/n got the ball from Pete and started running up the field, drippling around a few of Kingston's players. She got one step into the box before getting taken down by Ritter. He didn't touch the ball at all, only Y/n. 

Y/N stayed down, holding her ankle in pain. People in the stands were yelling for a penalty and the two teams were yelling at each other and the referee. 

"Come on ref! He didn't touch the ball!" Pete yelled. 

"I only got the ball!" Ritter yelled back. The two coaches had to come on the field to stop a fight from breaking out. Logan went to Y/n to check on her. 

"You okay?" He asked. Y/n shook her head, she knew something was wrong.
"I think it's broken." Y/n hissed in pain. "Can you help me up?" Logan put her arm over his shoulder to help her of the field. They didn't get far before Pete came to help. 

Limping of the field, Y/n's eyes connected with Anna's, she looked worried. Y/n gave her a small smile, making her know it was okay even though she knew it probably wasn't.

Y/n POV

The nurse and assistant coach got me to the locker room to look at my ankle. The nurse took my boot and sock of and let me tell you, it fucking hurt. 

"I'm sorry Y/n, I think it's broken." The nurse said. I nodded in agreement, it felt broken. I had broken my arm a few years back and the pain felt just like that. 

"I'm gonna go and call your mom and get her to drive you to the hospital, okay?" The nurse said.
"Okay." I said and laid back on the couch. She left and I was there alone, I didn't even get to see the game.

"We won." A voice said as if the person had read my mind. I looked up and Anna was standing there. I smiled at the sight of her. "Are you okay?"

"It's broken, but it doesn't hurt that much." I said. She raised her eyebrows at me. "Okay it hurts a lot." I chuckled. She walked up next to me, taking a seat on the chair next to the couch. 

"You really had me worried." She said looking at the floor. I grabbed her hand, making her look at me.
"I'm sorry for worrying you."

"Ask me again." Anna whispered. I knew exactly what she meant. "Will you go on a date with me?" I asked for the 274th time since sophomore year. 

"I will." She smiled. I threw my fist in the air in victory. "All it took was a broken ankle huh." I chuckled. 

"I guess so." Anna shrugged with a smile. 

"Had I known that, I would have broken my ankle 2 years ago."