Coming home (girlxgirl)

Y/n POV

The plane landed an hour later than scheduled, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I was finally home; home to surprise my beautiful girlfriend. I have been stationed overseas for 7 months now and today was her birthday. Connor was the one to pick me up at the airport. 

"It's so good to see you!" He said as he lifted me in a hug. Connor had become like a brother to me since I started dating Anna. I had missed him.
"It's good to see you too!" 

"Are you ready to go see your girl?" Connor asked with a smile as we jumped in the car. A big smile spread across my face. To say I was ready was an understatement. I had waited for this day since the day I left.

Connor pulled up to the house, there was a lot of people here. He opened the door first and snuck me inside. Anna was getting her cake any minute now and the plan was for me to sneak in behind her. Connor gave the signal to Eva for them to start, letting her know we were ready. 

"Anna, come here!" Eva yelled over all the people. Anna walked out from behind the kitchen wall. Seeing her in real life made my heart beat a million miles per hour. She looked beautiful like always. Anna walked over to the table and everyone surrounded her, singing happy birthday. This was our chance. Connor got me around everyone as quietly as possible, not everyone here knew I was coming. I stood behind Anna now, still behind Connor so she couldn't see me if she turned around. 

"Make a wish!" Dev yelled as the song ended. Anna blew the candles out. I couldn't see her face, but I knew she was smiling. 

"What did you wish for?" Eva asked her with a small smirk on her face.
"What do you think? For Y/n." Anna chuckled. This was my que. I stepped out from behind Connor, walked up to her and hug her from behind. A few gasps were heard. 

"Is that so?" I whispered and squeezed my arms around her waist. Her hands grabbed mine in less than a second, she moved out of my arms and turned in pure shock. 

"What?! What are you doing here?" she almost yelled at me. I laughed, so did the rest of the crowd.

"I couldn't miss your birthday, could I?" I smiled, blocking everyone else out; it was just me and her. A tear fell from her eyes and I took her into my arms. I wrapped my arms around her waist and hers went to my neck. I stood up straight and lifted her a bit of the ground as she cried in my neck. 

"Don't cry beautiful." I whispered. "I love you." 

"I love you too." She said back and pulled away just enough to kiss me. Her lips trapped my bottom lip in a passioned kiss. Anna didn't care about anyone else, and I honestly didn't either, I hadn't kissed my girlfriend in 7 months.

"LET'S PARTYYYYYY!" Someone yelled and Anna and I snapped out of the bubble we were in.

The party went on and everyone was happy. Anna and I stayed by each other's side all night; can you really blame us? 

The party ended around 3am. There were still a lot of people here, but many were probably going to sleep over. I sat on the couch talking with Connor while Anna was saying goodbye to people leaving. 

"So how long are you home for?" Connor asked. Before I could answer Anna and Eva came over.
"I would like to know that too." Anna said and sat down in my lap. 

"Well... It depends." I started with a smile.
"What does that mean?" Connor asked. 

"I have been offered a position right here in LA and if I accept, I'm home for good." I said and Anna's eyes widened. 

"Are you gonna take it?" Eva asked.
"I wanted to talk to Anna first, but it's a great opportunity...." Anna cut me off.

"Take it." Anna rushed out. 

"You don't even know what it is." I chuckled. 

"No, but a job here means I get to see you every day and that's good enough for me." Anna smiled and kissed me on the cheek. 

"That settles it then. I'm home for good."