A second chance (girlxgirl)

Y/n POV

Another day, another fucking drink. I don't drink, but my shitty father does. Ever since my mother died, he's had at least 5 drinks a day. Oh how can he hold a job you ask? Well he can't. He sold a few books before my mom died and that's how he makes his money. I, on the other hand, have a job. Not that I need it, it's more of an excuse to not go home. 

My father is not a bad father in general, but after the 8th drink he is; which is where we are now.
"You are a stupid slut!" *slap* "Who will never amount to anything!" *slap*. My father yelled. I took the hits like I always does. I hit back once and it didn't go well, so I've learned to take it. He hasn't always hit me, it only started about 6 months ago.

All of my friends think I joined a boxing gym and that's why I sometimes have a black eye or something. I never confirmed or denied if that was the case, I didn't want to lie to them. And no, not saying something isn't technical a lie; at least that's what I tell myself.

I was dating someone when this started, Anna, but I'm not anymore. She doesn't like violence or secrets and as you can tell, I have both in my life. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on and I'm still head over heels in love with her, but I respected her decision to not be with me. I should have just told her the truth, but I couldn't. I'm still not 18, not for another 3 months, and that means child protective services can take me away, or should I say us. That's right, I have a younger brother. He is only 12 and even though my father has never laid a hand on him, I will not risk anyone splitting us up.

"Hey Y/n." Marc said as he opened his locker next to mine.
"Hi." I said before closing my locker. Marc took one look at my face before shaking his head. Marc knows the truth, he is the only one I told; I needed someone to talk to and I knew I could trust Marc with this. 

"Damn." He said. "Not a good day yesterday I see." 

"Nope." I shook my head. "How is she?" Marc is dating Eva aka Anna's best friend, which means he keeps me updated on how she's doing. We tried being friends after breaking up, but that didn't work out. Anna still couldn't handle seeing me with bruises, her friends hated me because they think I chose boxing over Anna; and I couldn't handle seeing Anna all the time, knowing I was hurting her and couldn't be completely honest with her. 

"I..." Marc started.
"What?" 

"She started seeing Christian." Marc said, I could tell he didn't really wanted to tell me and I could understand that. He knows how I feel about Anna. "It doesn't seem serious, but it's still pretty new." I let out a shaky breath and closed my eyes to stop the tears building up. 

"I knew it would happen at some point. She is amazing, so I'm not surprised that someone likes her." I said honestly. I knew this day would come, I had hoped it wouldn't but I knew better. Anna is gorgeous and one of the best people you'll ever met so of course someone would fall for her, just like I did. 

"That doesn't mean it hurts any less." Marc said with a sad smile.
"No, not as all." I said just as the bell rang.

Marc and I walked to our English class, one we unfortunately had with Anna and her friends. Marc walked in first and took a seat next to Eva like he always did. I hurried to the back for the class, making sure that Anna didn't get a chance to look at me. I always do that when I know the bruises are visible, so she doesn't see them.

A few weeks went by and I was still avoiding Anna as much as I could. She had seen the bruises a few times, but I had managed to hide them most of the time. She started dating Christian for real last week, which hurt like hell, but I knew it was coming. I wasn't blind and I had seen how he was looking at her and how she was looking at him. It was how she used to look at me.