Back home (girlxgirl)

Y/n POV

I walked into the house with Christian. Tyler from our senior class was throwing a party, his 21. birthday to be exact. I really didn't wanna come today, mostly because I had enough going on in my life at the moment but also because I had heard that Anna Shumate was gonna be here.

You see, Anna and I had something senior year, and when I say had something I mean we are going out. It didn't last more then 3 months before she moved to LA, but I had been in love with her since middle school and I'm pretty sure I still was, which is why I didn't wanna come tonight. She had moved and within the first month she broke up with me, saying that the distance was too much.

"You know you can't hide from her forever." Christian said. He, along with Tyler, was the one that convinced me to come tonight. 

"Oh I can. Why do you think I joined the marines?" I said. Christian just laughed, knowing it had been my plan to leave and not look back. I joined about 6 months after we graduated. My mother had just died from cancer and I didn't have anything holding me here anymore. 

"You know you miss her." Christian said knowingly as we walked outside after grabbing a drink in the kitchen. I just shook my head at him, I didn't want to talk more about her. 

"Christian! Y/n!" Tyler yelled as he noticed us. And just my luck, he was standing with Anna, Eva, Emma and Zack.
"Happy birthday man." I said to Tyler as I hugged him. I just said hi to the other, not wanting to go through the awkward hug with Anna. 

"Thank you." Tyler said. "How long are you home for?"
"A few more weeks." I said honestly. 

"Where are you going?" Zack asked. I hadn't told anyone that I joined, only Tyler and Christian, and I made them promise not to say anything unless Anna asked directly. I looked at Tyler then Christian, knowing I had to be honest. 

"My unit is getting shipped back out." I said. "Afghanistan." I looked at Anna from the corner of my eye to see her reacting to it. Her face, like the rest, showed surprise and fear. 

"I didn't know you joined?" Eva said like a question.
"I did. About 6 months after graduation." I said proudly. I loved my job and was proud of the decision I had made. 

"What did your mom think about that?" Anna asked. I knew, from Christian, that she hadn't heard my mom passed away before about a year after it happened. I hadn't told her, but I didn't know that no one else had.

"Well I'm sure she turned in her grave, but other than that, she didn't say much." I said sarcastically. Anna looked to the ground and both Eva and Emma rolled their eyes at me. "I gonna go get a drink." I said and walked back inside.

Anna POV

I watched as she walked back into the house. I hadn't seen Y/n in about 4 years but the butterflies in my stomach hadn't changed one bit. I shouldn't have broken things off with her but my manager at the time didn't want any of the girls in the house dating anyone out of LA and me, being an idiot, listened to him. I had tried getting over Y/n and forgetting about her, but it didn't really work. I had dated a few here and there, but nothing even close to what I had with Y/n. 

"Why didn't you tell us?" Zack asked.
"She told us not to." Tyler said honestly. "Unless Anna asked us about her, we weren't to say anything." I shook my head in disappointment of myself. 

"How's she doing?" I asked them. "Be honest." Tyler and Christian looked at each other as if they were agreeing to be honest with me. 

"In her everyday life? Or regarding her feelings for you?" Christian said.
"She hates me, doesn't she?" I said and looked to the ground.