𝕞𝕖𝕥 𝕒 𝕘𝕚𝕣𝕝

music and a cluster of voices fill the party i'm at. i twiddle my thumbs and my eyes dart across the room desperately as i search for any familiar faces. as soon as my eyes land on you, the sounds of my surroundings drown out. you're laughing with eva and emma. your smile itself is enough to make me forget where i am or what i'm doing. my body relaxes and it's only until your eyes move to lock with mine that i realise i'm staring. you gesture for me to come over  and my legs carry me over to where you sit instantly. i immediately feel at ease in the company of you.

my fingertips brush over your thigh and my hand softly rests upon it as we giggle at eva's joke. i can feel you tense underneath my touch, your laugh cutting short at the contact of our skin. the whole reason why i did so in the first place.

"anybody want a drink?"

i ask the girls. all of them simultaneously nodding their heads in return.

i head over to the bar and pour us all a drink.   as i do so, i glance over to where you are across the room to see your eyes already in my direction. a smile spreads across my mouth as our eyes meet and i return to the drinks.

i pass out the drinks to everybody.

"thank you y/n."

you say with an immense grin. making sure to emphasise my name purposefully, fully knowing my stomach gets engulfed by butterflies when you say it like that.

"do you want to dance?"

my eyes shift from your captivating eyes to your perfect lips as the question slips out my mouth. you nod eagerly as i grab your hand without hesitance and drag you onto the busy dance floor. my hands find their way around your waist as your hands find their way around my neck. i pull you closer to me by your lower back, your heartbeat quickening at the movement. i smirk at the fact i have this effect on you. my gaze that still lingers on your lips moves to your eyes, the blue that drowns me every time we make eye contact seems to be shadowed by a lustful navy. and most of it is hidden by your dark pupils that enlarges every second. our gaze intensifies as i lean my forehead against yours, our hips moving in sync with the music. the gap between us closing by the minute as the warmth of your breath on my skin causes tingles to erupt. i can feel the judgemental glare of other people burning through me, but i ignore it. let them stare. i hear a hitch in your breath and you break our eye contact. instead, you wrap your arms around my neck, your face snuggles into the crook of my neck and i tighten my grip around your waist pulling you even closer, so our body heat collides. the slight sound of you humming to the music sends a soothing vibration through my body. your fingers slowly rake through my hair, and your other hand traces circles on the back of my exposed neck. i indulge myself in the feeling of it.

you understand me in a way no one else can. you make me feel safe for the first time in my life. that's what being with you feels like, it feels like i've found a feeling of comfort i haven't been searching for. i know you see it too, i know you see how much i adore you. how i would give anything and everything just to put a smile on your face. it makes me feel helpless, because i barely understand it. i can't seem to comprehend the fact that i truly love someone. that i would take a bullet for you without a second thought. that you are the most beautiful girl i've ever laid my eyes on. that i see a future that consistently includes you. i have learned at such a young age that love is one of the most beautifully terrifying things that this world has to offer. but i promise, you will never have to worry about losing me. because you give me such a plethora of breathtaking emotion. so many things could attempt to reach your level... but none of them could ever compare to you. nothing could compare to the security you give me. the hope. the joy. the belief of a genuine future - the belief of a love that i never thought was real. i would never leave someone that makes me feel the way you do.

besides, i'm just a girl that's fallen for another girl.