1

It was a fall windy quiet day. The colours outside aren't that bright but still pretty non the less. The leaves on the trees are red, orange, yellow, and brown. I can already tell that there's going to be a storm tonight.

I watched people walk in and out of the store. Kids exited to get pets or kids exited that they just got them. Even some gross perverted people come in. I can smell the small animals on them.

I'm one of the smaller animals here, even for being a half a wolf. I was the runt of my pack meaning I was the smallest and weakest. That's how I ended up here, my pack left me as humans invaded our territory.

"Welcome to the pet shop, are you looking for anything specific this afternoon?" A women said as a family of three walked in.

I watched the family as I usually do. The boy just walked away from the lady and looked at the werecats, like all of the boys do.

"Ruben how about this little guy" the tall woman came up to the cage I'm in.

"Why would I want a stinky mutt?" This Ruben kid scowled petting one of the werecats.

I'm not stinky, I got a bath yesterday. The mom picked me up and without a second thought I turned into my wolf form making her drop me. I ran to the front door and scratched at the glass hoping it would open.

"CALLUM GET BACK HERE" A man yelled.

I looked behind me and there was the boss of the store stomping towards me. I growled at him and kept trying to get the door open. Curse me being the runt, I'm small just like a regular puppy.

The boss picked me up and put me right by his face. The smell of cigarettes hit my nose with the smell of peppers. I growled at him and tried wiggling out of his grip.

"I am so sorry ma'am, Callum is one of our pets that try to escape the most. He grew up in the wild so being inside frightens him especially with people around" the boss smiled at the lady.

"In the wild?" The boy Ruben questioned putting the werecat down.

"Yes sir, his pack left him since he was the runt. Poor guy almost died till we found him."

Bullshit, you took me away from my pack.

"What about it kiddo, should we get him?" The father patted the sons back.

"Sure whatever, I just want to get out of here, it reeks of animal shit" Ruben grabbed me from the boss.

I tilted my head looking at his features his caramel eyes are dull with no emotions, no, his whole face has no emotions. Yet he looks hurt but is really good at hiding it.

That could also be me sensing his emotions. I sniffed him a bit but right now all I can smell is static from the storm that's going to happen soon.

I barked as the lights flickered. The storm is getting closer by the minute.

"Let's get stuff for, what's his name? Callum you said?" The mother smiled.

"Yes ma'am, and if you could also sign papers to adopt him that will be amazing"

Ruben walked away from his parents and the boss looking down the isles. The first isle was the food.

"Pick a brand you like" Ruben put me down. I shook my body shifting to my part human form.

I looked at the pet food smelling each one. All of them smell horrible. Smelling once more I found something the smells good. Running to it I found myself where the live pigs were. I guess that my wild wolf instincts.

"Fan of raw meat then?" Ruben looked down at me.

I shifted on my feet a bit and the power of the shop turned off. Shifting into my wolf form once more I ran around freaking out. Bad storms, storms bad.

I found myself at the front of the store by hitting my head on the glass door. I howled as the storm started to pick up.

"CALLUM STOP YOUR TANTRUM, IT'S JUST A SMALL STORM" the boss yelled at me. He started to come over to me but I quickly ran back to Ruben who was grabbing raw meat for me.

"Get in you stupid mutt" Ruben put the basket down.

I jumped into the basket curling into a ball.

"You better not be a pain in the ass, I already have to deal with my sisters stupid cat" Ruben picked up the basket now walking to the dog bed isle.

The storm has passed and I'm in a fancy long black car. These creme coloured seats feel so nice. I looked at Ruben as he sleeps. His arm is on the armrest with his hand holding up his head. Rain droplets still fall from his soaked purple hair.

"Callum how long have you lived in the wild?" Ruben's mom asked.

"M-my whole life" I answered here my voice a bit scratchy from not talking in a year. "But I lived at the shop for a year"

"I know Ruben seems mean but just let him warm up to you, he has a hard time adjusting to new things" she smiled at me patting my head.

"Of course ma'am, I know how hard it is to adjust to new things"

"How old are you kid?" The dad asked.

"Seventeen sir" I answered him.

"Hm, same age as Ruben, what do you seventeen year olds do for your birthdays?"

"Each birthday we go hunting, and the animals you catch is the meal we eat"

"Right, of course you're from the wild" the dad chuckled.