14

*Callum*

"Are you okay?" Zoe came up to me.

I nodded and stayed in the tree that I climbed. Zoe and I are currently hunting for food since we're getting low. Winter is starting to come around and that's usually the hardest time to get food and water.

"Do you want to take a break? I smell a human so we should tell the pack"

"You can go, I'll stay" I told her.

"Okay but the human is really close"

"I'm fine, I've dealt with humans for over a year"

Zoe sighed and started to walk away. I think she's annoyed with me. I haven't been talking much or being around the others. I also haven't been eating, I just lost my appetite.

On the other note though, I did get a new journal that one of the pack members made. He makes paper and pencils for the children.

"GO AWAY" I heard Zoe scream at someone.

Oh no, I hope she didn't run into the human.

I quickly jumped out of the tree and ran to where I heard her voice. As soon as I got there though I immediately got jumped on.

I flipped the person over and turned into my wolf form biting their shoulder.

"C-callum get off" the person yelped in pain.

Without taking out my teeth I looked at who it was and it's Ruben. Wait Ruben?!

I quickly turned back to my human for and hugged him tightly crying. Wait no, I can't be crying over him.

My anger started to build up again and I bit down on his other shoulder not even bothering to shift to my wolf form.

Ruben screamed in pain and someone tried to get me off of him. I pushed the person off and bit harder.

The person finally ripped me off and I growled at Ruben. He's bleeding a lot, probably needs to go to that white room with the beeping machine.

The person who held me bit my shoulder but not super hard but hard enough to make me hurt. This feels like Justin's bite.

I turned around and Justin was there, his teeth still on my shoulder but no longer biting.

"Let's go home Cal" Justin whimpered.

"I'm not going back to him, he's an asshole, he doesn't care about me, I found a new pack, I found a family that actually loves me" I cried.

"Callum who are they" Zoe growled stepping on Ruben so he can't get up.

"I'm his friend, Justin, and that's his owner Ruben" Justin smiled.

"He's not my owner anymore, I hate him with every bone in my body" i wrinkled my nose.

"Zoe, Callum are you two okay?!" Someone from the pack ran over.

"Over here" Zoe told them.

"Please Callum, I'm sorry" Ruben cried.

"Sorry my fucking ass" I ripped out of Justin's arms and went over the the pack member.

"Umara, take this human to the healers, he's bleeding too much" Zoe stopped stepping on Ruben.

"A-and Callum too please ma'am, I accidentally bit him too hard" Justin piped in.

Umara helped Ruben up and Justin followed her to the pack. As we got there the pack stared at us, especially at Ruben.

We got to the healers tent and they instantly started to help us. Justin sat me down on a log while Ruben got laid down on a leather cot.

"Why is there a human" the alpha male came in the tent.

"He used to be my owner sir" I looked down.

"We were looking for Callum for over a month" Justin said taking care of my wounds.

"Callum" Ruben hugged me from behind "I'm sorry, please come back to me"

"I have a pack now, I can't leave, and I still hate you" I pushed him off me.

"I know you do, but please, give me another chance"

I looked up at the alpha and he gave me a nod. I still don't know if I want to go back to him. He's mean, but he seems really sorry.

"Callum, if you want to you can go back, if anything you would live better with the human than us" the alpha said.

"F-fine, but only because I miss your moms food okay" I glared at Ruben.

"Whatever you say" he gave me a hug.

"Callum" Ruben's mom hugged me. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine, I found a pack that took care of me" I hugged back.

"What about your pack? Did you find them?" Ruben's dad ruffled my hair.

"T-they um"

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Ruben's mom broke the hug looking at me.

"I asked the same thing and he just started crying" Ruben chimed in.

"I thought it would be better to tell everyone instead of being multiple times" I lowered my head whimpering.

"What happened hun?" Ruben's mom rubbed my back.

"They were attacked by another pack, a-and they used their fur as clothes" I started to tear up "I was too late, I don't know when it happened but it wasn't that long ago because the scent of them were strong"

Ruben's parents hugged me and the lights flickered a bit. I'm balling my eyes out holding onto them. The power went out making me scared.

"I'll get it" Ruben said as the land line started to ring.

Ruben answered the phone and started to talk to the person. Who uses land line these days? Hell even the pets shop didn't use them.

"The power is out in the whole town" Ruben came back still holding the phone.

"Looks like we're going to have take out then" Ruben's dad took the phone from Ruben and started to dial a number.

"Callum take a shower and clean yourself up while we get food alright?" Ruben's mom kissed the top of my head.

I nodded and went upstairs with Ruben following me. I got to the bathroom and my clothes just disappeared.

"Sorry" Ruben apologized.

Hold up, does Ruben have powers?