13

*Callum*

"Are you okay Callum?" Zoe asked me.

I nodded and kept watching the flowing water from the creek. I know I'm lying to her but I don't want her to worry. Her pack took me in after Zoe found me trying to end myself.

"I know it's hard for you right now but it'll get better" she rubbed my back.

I looked up at her and looked at her scar. Apparently she got it from a bear attack. She's half blind in that eye.

"Do you want some food? We got moose"

"No thanks Zoe" I gave her a weak smile.

"You have to eat something, it's been a week."

"Why did you save me? I don't belong here. Even my own pack abandoned me"

"Because you don't deserve to be alone, it's hard to be a lone wolf"

"How would you know?"

"I also lost my pack, I got kicked out for liking girls, then this pack let me in and treated me like family, this pack are filled with the ones who have lost their own"

I sighed and looked back at the water. She has a point, but I'm still really hurt.

"Let's go and eat" Zoe held out her hand.

I took her hand and she helped me up. We went to the campsite where everyone is chatting and eating.

Everyone looks happy here even though they lost their pack, but I guess this is their pack now. I wonder if they felt like this when they lost their family.

Zoe grabbed me some food and herself some too.

"I'm glad to see you Callum, how are you holding up?" The female alpha came up to me.

"I'm better I guess, just a little homesick" I told her.

"We'll help you find your original pack I promise, now hurry up because we're leaving soon" She smiled then walked away.

"Leaving?" I looked at Zoe.

"Yeah, every week we move so we can find everyone's original pack" Zoe ate the raw meat.

I wonder if we'll find my pack. Do they even know if I'm still alive?

"Zoe Callum behind you" a little boy pointed behind us.

Both Zoe and I fell off the log we were sitting on and looked up. Above us were a pack or werewolves.

I grabbed Zoe's hand and pulled her up and backed up from the pack. Why would someone show a whole pack with another?

I growled at the pack but instantly stopped.

"Callum we need to go" Zoe tried pulled me.

I ripped my arm off of her and stared at the pack. They smell like my pack, but I don't recognize any of them. My mom is in there.

"Mom?" I tried to get into the group so I could find her but Zoe pulled me away.

Once again I got Zoe off of me and ran into the the group and tried sniffing out my mom. I ran into her and I gave her a hug.

"I missed you so much, mom it's been so long" I started crying.

"Not your mom pup" a guys voice said.

I looked up and quickly let go, he-he's wearing my moms fur as a coat. All of them are wearing my packs fur as clothes.

I backed away from them and my back hit someone. They held onto me tightly as tears started to run down my face.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY PACK" I shouted at them.

"Come on Callum" the alpha male of the mixed pack picked me up.

I held onto him as he started to run with everyone else.

They killed my pack, my only family. My parents, my siblings, grandparents, everyone. They're all dead.

"Callum do you want to play in the creek?" A boy came up to me.

I got up from the ground walking away ignoring the child. They're treating me differently. It's been three days since that other pack came.

They didn't even follow us. Were they just there to tease me?

*Ruben*

"This is the last one" I told Justin as I hung up a missing poster.

"Why are you so concerned about him anyways, you hate him, you hate us" Justin growled at me.

"I never said I didn't care about him"

"Yes you have, many times, for all you know he could've died or already found his pack, if I found my pack I would never come back, not even visit"

"Sniff him out dumbass" I gave him Callum collar.

"It's been a month, there's no way I can-"

"Now you dumb bitch"

Justin growled at me and took the collar sniffing it.

He looked around and sniffed the air.

"Got it, let's go before it gets too dark"

I followed Justin and adjusted my backpack a bit. I have food, spare clothes, and money in it. And just in case if we go out of the neighborhood I have more posters.

I need to find Callum. He's made me so happy. I think I also have feelings for him which I hate but at the same time I don't.

"Ruben please, it's already two in the morning" Justin groaned as we kept walking.

"Not till we find my Callum" I pulled his arm.

"Your Callum? You can't own a...never mind, you literally got him from a pet shop"

"If you want to leave your best friend then be my guest, but I am not going home till I find the mutt"

"Im not going to leave you, or him, I'm just saying we need to stop because we need to rest and eat."

"Fine, okay, you're right, I just want him back, what if he killed himself?" My eyes started to sting with tears.

"He's alive, I could smell him moving about an hour ago but he stopped moving probably sleeping"

"We get up at five, got it" I threatened

"Yeah, okay, can we eat now then sleep?"

Sighing I put down my bag and pulled out some canned food and water bottles.