4

I ran back to the house tears going down my face. Why am I so upset? Ruben called me by my name, I should be happy about that.

As I got to the house I realized that I didn't have a key and that I was supposed to be at school. I put my bag down on the swinging bench and shifted into my wolf form. I hid under the bench in the shade.

"Callum?" I heard a women's voice.

I opened my eyes and looked around. I'm still outside under the bench.

"Why are you here? I thought you went to school" Looking up I saw Ruben's mom. I shook my tail happy to see her.

"Ruben told me to go" I told her shifting to my human for.

"Why would he do that?"

"Kids were picking on me and I tried fighting them back" I sort of lied. If Ruben wants to tell his mom about him being bullied he will.

"Callum I'm so sorry about that, do you think you can go back though? See how the rest of the day plays out?"

"Yes ma'am, but there's one problem, I don't know how to read"

"You mean the pet shop never taught you?"

"They tried but I tried biting them, this was when I first arrived though"

"Well, we will teach you when we can alright"

I nodded and wagged my tail.

I'm back at school sitting in my third class. I haven't met any werecreatures yet and I'm starting to think that I might be the only one here.

Ruben's mom had a talk with the principal about me not knowing how to read.

I swayed my tail paying attention to the teacher. This is a history class and they haven't talked about werecreatures once, it's only about humans.

"Sir" I raised my hand.

The teacher looked at me then went back to teaching. Did he just ignore me?

"Um sir I have a question" I raised my hand higher.

He ignored me once again and went over to his desk. I slowly put my hand down as my tail stopped wagging falling down.

The bell rang loudly making me have to cover my ears. Once the bell stopped ringing I got up and grabbed my bag going up to my teachers desk.

"Sir, may I please ask-"

"No, you will not talk in my class and you will not talk to me. You werecreatures shouldn't even be walking on this planet, now get out of my class"

I growled at him getting angry. What does he have against us?

"Now you mongrel" he glared.

If only I was allowed to bite him I would. I growled at him once again before leaving.

If I'm right it's time for lunch. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a werebunny. I quickly ran up to them my tail wagging happy that I'm not the only one.

"Hi" I caught up to her.

The werebunny jumped high getting scared.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, I just got excited that I'm not the only werecreature here" I tried to calm down my excitement.

"It's alright, my bunny instincts came in, I thought you were about to attack me"

"Well, we aren't in the wild, and I've been trained to not attack"

"That makes me feel, well, I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse"

"You're safe, I promise" I smiled at her "I'm Callum"

"Annabel, do you know where the cafeteria is?"

"No, but I bet I can sniff it out"

"You'll just sniff out the human food, not our food"

"What do you mean? Wait, are we lowlifes here?"

"Yeah, we always have been, I'll show you the cafeteria"

Annabel started walking and I followed her. Each step she takes has a little hop to it. As we walked I saw Ruben sit in a corner on his phone.

"Ruben" I wagged my tail running up to him.

"Get off of my you stupid mutt" Ruben pushed me "I thought I told you to leave, meaning go back to the stupid wild"

"I won't survive in the wild without my pack" I frowned.

"Even better, now go back to your cottontail girlfriend and leave me alone"

Whimpering I walked away going back to Annabel.

"You know Ruben?" Annabel asked as we went into the cafeteria.

"His parents made him adopt me since he just turned seventeen"

"Ruben is a rich snob who doesn't care about anyone but himself, he pushes people away from him because he thinks he's better than everyone"

"But, I watched people bully him"

"Yeah, because he doesn't care about anyone but himself, again, rich snob"

I hummed in response not really knowing what to say. She does have a point, Ruben has been a snob even with his parents. All he does is yell at them and me, and he does act like he is better than everyone else.

I looked at the food and all of it is regular pet food. There isn't even any meat.

"Annabel is there any meat? Like, raw meat?" I asked her.

"Raw meat isn't allowed because of the werecreatures who are prey like me"

"But, I can't have this, I'll get sick, I've lived on raw meat my whole life, that isn't werecreatures might I add"

"Sorry but it's the rules, the closest thing you can get is the dog food that has fake meat in it"

"I know I'll sound like a snob, but I would rather starve"

"No, that doesn't sound snobby, you were raised with raw meat and you said yourself you're allergic to dog food"

"Well it's more of the texture and fake meat taste that gets me sick, I'm not allergic"

We went to a table with a couple of other werecreatures. All of them are prey, I'm the only predator here. It's making me feel uncomfortable. I can sense that they're terrified of me.

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!!!! Y'ALL BITCHES GAY 💅🏳️‍🌈