12

*Callum*

"Get up you stupid mutt" Ruben kicked my butt.

I didn't move from my doggy bed. It's been a day since I had that dream and I haven't moved from the bed unless it was to go to the bathroom. Good thing it's the weekend.

"Now"

I stayed in place not making a sound. I don't know if I'm mad at Ruben or myself. I just feel like dying.

"Fine, no cheese for you"

My ear twitched at the word cheese but I'm not falling for his manipulations. He's pulled that shit so many times I already know his tricks.

I know he's doing it so I can move around and stuff, he isn't using it to actually do any harm to me.

The lights flickered as Ruben groaned in frustration.

"At least bathe and fucking eat something"

I shook my head no and stayed put.

"You're really pissing me off you know" Ruben sat by me "what can I do to make it better for you?"

I opened my mouth to say something but instantly closed it. I don't think giving me back to my family is an actual option.

"We have the whole house to ourselves today, even Clair's shitty cat isn't here"

"Why be with me then? All you want to fucking do is get rid of me" I growled

"Cal-"

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE RUBEN! UNLESS YOU CAN TAKE ME BACK TO MY PACK THEN I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER DAMN WORD FROM YOUR FUCKING MOUTH!"

"KNOW WHAT? FINE! I'LL FIND YOUR SHITTY PACK SO YOU CAN GO OFF IN THE DUMB WILD AGAIN, AND THEN MAYBE I'LL FINE A NEW DUMB MUTT TO REPLACE YOU!" Ruben yelled back at me making me flinch.

I got up from the doggy bed and threw on random clothes before running downstairs.

"Callum wait" Ruben came after me.

I ignored him and put on my shoes and took off the collar he gave me throwing it on the floor.

"Just wait Callum" Ruben grabbed onto my shoulder before I opened the door.

"What Ruben? I'm leaving, again, just like how you want me to"

"I don't want you to fucking leave Callum. I just-"

"You just what Ruben? I know that werecreatures like me are looked down on but I thought I would be treated better than this. I like you Ruben, I do, but I can't take your bullshit anymore"

"I have a hard time opening up Callum, you're the only person who I opened up to"

"You don't open up to shit"

Before Ruben could say anything else I opened the door and turned into my wolf form running away. Why am I such a fuck up? All I wanted to do was be happy but I can't do that.

*Ruben*

He'll come back right? He came back last time. But that was only because I saved him. I'll just wait a bit, both of us need to cool down.

I walked over to his collar and looked at the dog tag that's shaped like a star. It has his name engraved to it with a small smiley face. I flipped it over and on the back in sharpie it says owned by Ruben, with a little heart. It's spelt messily but I can still read it.

He wrote this? I put the collar around my neck to see how it feels. It fits nicely and it doesn't really hurt. I took it off and went up to my room.

I looked at Callum's dog bed and there's tears in it from Callum's nightmares or when he play fights it. His toys are all jacked up from him playing with them. I grabbed the notebook that's next to his bed and opened it.

Day 1 I have been adopted today after being in the shop for a year. I decided to write in my new journal for a new beginning.

Day 2 my owner Ruben isn't really nice but I know he's just hiding it, I hope I can become really good friends with him.

Day 3 Ruben got really mad when he found out I'm going to school with him.

Day 4 apparently to everyone at school they say that Ruben is a rich snob who doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Day 7 Ruben fed me cheese today and I really liked it, I even saw him smile at me. The only upsetting part is that he came home covered in blood again.

Day 12? I don't know right now. Ruben told me to leave him alone so I ran away, I woke up from a coma last night. I'll try to not make him mad anymore... P.S I hate the beeping machine in the white room.

All of these are about me. And his handwriting has gotten better since the start. You could barely read it in the beginning.

His writing also seems more sad as it continues.

I had a dream of Ruben, it was the best dreams I've had in a long time. I still can't wrap my head around it though. Is it wrong that my dream was about us having sex? I was disappointed when Ruben woke me up then I found out. I just want to go back to my family at this point. I'm not even making anyone happy. I feel like...I feel like dying, I want to be dead. Why can't Ruben just end my suffering? Why did he have to even save me from when I ran away? Why the hell did I have to fucking wake up?

Shit, shit shit shit shit shit, I put the notebook down and grabbed my phone. I need to find Callum now. What if he kills himself? I can't have that happen. I am happy, I haven't been happy till he came. Yeah I get pissed at him but all I know is how to be pissy.

I grabbed Callum's collar before running downstairs and out the door.