10

CHAPTER TEN

It's close to midnight as I am preparing myself to go for the wedding. As seems that it is a bit weird for me because the wedding was already set at 4 in the morning but what can I do? I have to go even though I am sleepy at this time, because I was invited and I do not want others to say I haven't moved on.

I stared myself at the full-length mirror and smirked. Hinaplos ko ang maxi plain black dress ko na strappy at backless. Na-cu-cute-an ako sa sarili ko. How I miss wearing a dress one.

I wore my 4 inches nude heels and my got my bag before moving out of the guest room here in grandma's house, well honestly it doesn't seem to be a guest room for me because it has its own bath and comfort room, it also has the jacuzzi and such.

Luminga ako sa labas ng kuwarto at nang makitang walang tao, kahit ilaw ay naka-off. Pero sa sala ay naka-on kasi lagi daw iyon naka-on kapag gabi.

I fixed my curled long hair on the back of my hair before I stepped on the stairs. I kept on silencing myself for panicking everytime I stepped my heels on the tiled floor because it keeps sounding.

I ran silently and excitedly near the door when someone spoke behind me.

"You look like you're escaping, huh?" I bit my lower lip and began to feel nervous after I heard his baritone voice. I faced him and noticed him wearing black suits. My lips parted a bit. I couldn't find words to say until he speak again. "Where are you going at this time, Blythe?" I giggled  at my thought because he spoke like a damn father of mine.

"Uhm, just a-attend a wedding... It's Tim's—uhhh— m-my ex. Y-You?"

He nodded as his hands are on his pocket. "I'm invited at the wedding of my 5th cousin, who am I to neglect her invitation?"

"Wedding at this hour?" I asked.

"Yeah." Tumango siya at binuksan ang pinto. Sumunod ako sakanya nang lumabas siya. "Ate, paki-lock po salamat." Vin said to one of their kasambahay's. Tumango si ate bago ini-lock ang pinto. Tahimik siyang naglakad papunta sa parking lot, yes it has also a parking lot for 10 cars.

Sumunod ako sakanya at pinigilan siya sakanyang braso. "W-Who's—uhm— wedding are you going to attend to?" Oh damn! I kept stuttering because I couldn't focus. His face, his hot smell, and his presence distracts me.

Kumunot ang noo niya sa akin. I almost laugh at that. Cutie Vin. "At Shiela's."

My eyes widened at what he said. "You mean Shiela, your cousin... Tim's soon to be wife?"

He thrown his head to the other side as if he is reading my thoughts. I laughed suddenly. "Oh! Right, haha..." He frowned at me but I feel awkward because his cousin is about to get married with Tim. Who wouldn't feel awkward when in fact I shared him what Tim and I had and I told him that Tim's new girl I hated her but that happened when I got drunk.

He seemed to read my thoughts. He grinned. "That's past but at least I could tell Shiela what you said to her."

"Hey!" I smacked his shoulder that it made him shook his head. Itinaas niya ang kanyang dalawang kamay na ani mo'y parang sumusuko.

"Okay no, I zip my mouth..." And he acted like zipping his mouth. "I had to." He said while opening the door of the shotgun seat. "I'm afraid my lion here will roar at me." I rolled my eyes at him before entering the car.

"Seatbelt first." He reminded me when he got inside the driver seat. Tahimik lang kami at ako'y nakatanaw sa labas ng bintana nang tumogtog ang speaker sa kotse ni Vin. I couldn't help but to be amazed of the song, it was from unknown and damn his voice are lovely that I really wanted to have a collab with him.