20

CHAPTER TWENTY

"How's she?" Yen asked when she entered the room of our baby.

His husband, Adrian, saw him and gestured her to sit beside him. "Brylle still has a high fever but her pedia said it is normal if the baby is having a teeth, for me it's yes too, but still she needs to be monitored."

"Hmm, kakatulog lang ni Brylle kanina actually."

Yen stood and hugged me. "She'll be fine. I'm sure of it kasi lahat malalagpasan natin, alam mo yan."

"Yes, thank you kasi natatanggal ang kaba ko kahit may apat na akong anak hindi parin ako sanay."

"Hayyss!" She brushed my hair using her fingers. "Sino ba namang parents ang gustong magkasakit ang anak. No one else even me, I don't like the mosquitoes to bite my children's skin so I always appoint them to their dermatologist."

Matapos ang pagbisita nina Yen at Adrian ay umalis ang dalawa. Pupunta narin kasi ang dalawa sa sementeryo dahil death anniversary nang tatay ni Yen.

Naiwan ako kasama ng huli naming anak sa room niya dahil sa kadahilanang may kailangang gawin si Vin sa kanyang trabaho. Mga 2 hours na siyang wala kaya nakatulog na ako habang hinihintay ang kanyang pedia na pumasok para i-monitor si baby.

Nagising nalang ako nang may tumapik ng mahina sa aking likuran habang bumubulong.

"Wake up, Blythe... You have to eat."

Umupo ako ng maayos at agad naman niyang inayos ang gulong-gulo kong buhok. "What time is it?" I asked when he handed me the spoon and plate with my favorite food.

He looked down at his wrist and then to our daughter. "It's 11:56, hmmm, our baby still did not wake up?"

I reached for Brylle's small hand and kissed it. "Hindi pa siya gumigising, hindi ko lang alam kung nagising pero ipinagpatuloy ang pagtutulog kasi nakatulog ako. Isang oras at kalahati na akong nakatulog eh."

He reached my back to hug me. "Our daughter is strong, palaban nga lahat ng anak natin eh, that includes our baby Brylle."

"Oo nga mana sa iyo." I said then giggled.

"To me, uhhh?" He asked, pointing at himself. I nodded. "I might say that your blood is thicker than mine..."

I pouted with his sarcastic words and he kissed me and I gave back the pleasure to him, he almost let his tongue in me when I heard the knock on the door, siguro ni-lock ni Vin iyon kaya hindi agad-agad na pumasok ang kung sino man yung gustong pumasok.

"You locked it?" I asked to confirm and he blinked his eyes while looking at my lips, still. Ngumiti ako kaya ngumiti rin siya. "You are still addict to my lips?"

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry but I need to open the door, incase it's our baby's doctor." I stood from the chair to open the door and I saw them, standing behind the doors, my children!

"Oh my Goodness, you surprised me... Why are you here, I thought you guys went to school, huh?" I asked then hugged them. Hinagkan ko ang aking tatlong mga anak atsaka sila pinapasok kasama ang kanilang dalawang bantay.

May isang guard ang sa dalawa naming anak na lalaki habang sa pangalawa kong anak sa aking pag-ire ay may kasamang babaeng marunong naman sa self-defense and combat.

We had to, wala kaming choice kundi paligiran sila nang mga marurunong sa paglaban kasi hindi naman namin alam kung meron lang pala sa gilid ang maaaring magtangka sa aming mga anak, gusto na sana namin ni Vin na dalawa ang guard sa twins namin kaso ayaw pumayag ng mga bata at maayos lang naman sakanila ang isang guard lang.

"We're here to surprise you, mama and papa... Gusto namin kayo samahan dito po. Pwede po ba kahit absent kami?"

"Of course mama and papa won't get angry but I expected you guys went to school."

The lady behind our daughter giggled then spoke. Her name is Grayle. She never shares her last name but she's  trusted because she was from the agency where Cole works. "Actually ma'am, kasama namin itong twins sa isang kotse kasi nasiraan iyong kotse na pinahiram ninyo sa akin and I was worried they might be late so we rode with them."

He said, pertaining to my sons. "And while we're on the way to their school, they suddenly thought of you and their little sister so I asked if they wanted to visit her, they agreed. We did not hesitate to see their sister. After all, family is your comfort."

"Really..." It was not even a question that came from Copper, it was a simple word with no expression showed.

"Shut up, ain't talking with you." Grayle talked back, who was suddenly felt annoyed with Copper before she turned her gaze to us... "Sorry sir and ma'am, I just wonder why does this guy annoys me so much? But if you have something to ask for, you can call us... Sa labas lang po kami."

I nodded before hugging my kids again. Then we heard the door clicked. We knew they were just outside, they might hear us.

"Why are you giggling?" I asked my first daughter when she giggled.

She moved forward so I move closer too, to let me hear her. "She and tito Copper are exchanging side eye glances inside the car..."

"And?" I asked curiously.

"And, teacher said the more you hate, the more you love, mommy. She keeps saying that to the bullies."

"Nah, bullies just love to be a bad person to a selective person, either to the person they hate, envy, or like just to catch attention... It doesn't mean that you have to hate that person just to call it love. Because love come unexpected or love will come in God's time within those two couples, while parents' love for their kids are always there, dahil simula noong nasa tyan kayo ni mommy ay mahal na mahal na namin kayo ng inyong daddy."

"Talaga po?"

Tumayo mula sa kinauupuan si Vin at lumapit sa aking tabi bago niya ako niyakap sa aking beywang. "Yes, children. Your mom and I loved you since you were in her womb."

We hugged, this is my family, this is my life, and will be my happiness until my last breath, as a mom of four... Fear still could never be erased from me, nevertheless I will always stay by their side and do my fullest responsibility.