26. Pillow

Sometimes he can be a total genius and a complete idiot, but he can also manage to be absolutely adorable all at the same time.

Winnie went downstairs and got them both some knick knacks to eat because Eggs insisted to stay inside her room, claiming to have a surprise for her when she comes back.

And, true to his word, she was, in fact, surprised.

There was a comfy-looking pillow fort near her balcony, complete with all the amazing stuff a normal pillow fort wouldn't have.

But that came with the cost of her room looking like it was just hit by a massive earthquake.

The look on her face was the thing that made Eggs silent. He can tell that she was upset, but his cute frown couldn't get her to be totally mad at him. No, not with that face.

So instead of yelling at him, she instead closed the door behind her, setting their snacks on her table.

She willfully ignored everything else in her room, and focused on the pillow fort he made.

"Hey," she greeted him softly, as she approached with a small smile. Eggs, being the cute dork that he is, looked genuinely confused.

"You're... you're not mad?" He asked.

"I am," she replied truthfully. "But, we can always ask the maids to clean this up for us afterwards," she added cheekily with a wink.

The bright smile that slowly grew on his face was the best thing she had seen that day, and everything else that followed afterwards just keeps getting better and better.

At some point, they finished eating all the knick knacks that Winnie got for the two of them. Well, technically Eggs was the one who ate most the knick knacks and she only ate a few.

He made a loud burp, before letting his body fall down onto the soft pillows, looking at her with a carefree smile.

It still amazes her that his pure, child-like behaviour is the thing that can instantly make her laugh the most.

In turn she casually laid herself on top of him, her arms wrapping around his torso as if he was a pillow.

She noticed how his body instantly froze, though the look on his face didn't tell her that he was uncomfortable.

"You don't want to get a pillow from the ground instead?" He asked shyly, as a light blush spread across his cheeks.

He could feel her sigh happily against him, feeling her arms wrap around him tighter.

"You took all my pillows and then made them into this fort, so I'm using you as one."

Eggs couldn't help but laugh at her words. He pulled her closer to him with a smile as they both closed their eyes in content, with nothing but comfort shared through their warm embrace.