27. Kazoku

"I look ridiculous in this," Aggie grumbled in front of the mirror as she looked over her outfit.

Her light green Kimono covered her figure perfectly, she doesn't feel any discomfort as she wore it, and she has to admit that she doesn't look outlandish at all.

But that's the point; she feels heavily out of place, even if she's wearing the traditional clothing for the festival.

The thought of disrespecting his relatives that lived with these cultures for most of their lives has scared her to death.

"I wouldn't be saying that if I were you," the person from outside her room pointed out. She can even hear the smugness of his voice from where she was.

Aggie rolled her eyes, letting out a small scoff. "You haven't even seen me yet," she countered, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

The person from outside chuckled softly, before knocking on her door twice.

"Can you let me in, then?"

"And let you see me in this mess? Heck no." When she didn't get a response from outside, she grinned, running her hands flat against the soft fabric of her Kimono.

"Besides, the door wasn't locked anyway." She could only imagine his face when she said that statement.

"Wait, really?" The person outside asked, making her giggle.

Not a minute later she heard the door knob rattle. Her heart sped up, getting nervous as she braced herself for his reaction.

Kubo made sure he didn't see her as he entered the room, closing the door behind him.

"You got me there for a minute," he laughed.

The moment his gaze landed on her, it took his breath away in an instant, leaving him utterly speechless. His silence didn't register good news to her, unfortunately.

"Do I look... okay?" Aggie asked him warily, but he was still standing silent in front of her.

"Okay?" He asks her back, before giving her a bright smile.

"Boo, you look amazing," he gushed, and to see a light red tint creep on her face made his smile grow even wider.

"Are you just saying that to make me feel better? Or-"

"No joke, Aggie," he cut her off short as he moved towards her.

"You look absolutely stunning in that Kimono," Kubo commended, placing both of his hands on either side of her face, letting his thumbs caress the soft skin on her cheeks.

"I'm glad it fits you so well," he extolled as he touched her nose with his, earning the delight of hearing her adorable giggle.

"Thanks. You were the one who picked this out for me, right?" She asked him, as he slightly nodded his head in response.

"Yeap," he simply answered, giving her a quick kiss on the nose before letting go of her face.

"You know," Kubo started, unsure of what to do with his hands as his gaze landed on the ground.

"I'm very convinced that my mother sent you to me," he mumbled, reaching for her hand as he looked at her with a smile.

"Same as you," Aggie added with a smile, slowly pulling him into a warm embrace.

His arms found their usual place around her torso, as hers wrapped around his neck, letting one hand run through the back of his hair.

They don't usually get all intimate behind closed doors this often, especially when the sun is still shining bright from the outside.