3. Star Crossed

Anyway this is just a retelling of Romeo and Juliet but with the Laika fam so yeah hehehe i got curious on what the Romeo and Juliet AU would look like if it was told thru the Laika fam lmao

• • •

The drama between the Trubshaws and the Portley-Rinds has always been so prominent throughout the years. Their rivalry had been going on for a long time, that they had been challenging each other to prove who's the best family among all the families at Cheesebridge.

That rivalry would change one faithful night, at the Portley-Rind's mansion, a masked ball was held for the entire city to introduce their youngest daughter to her soon-to-be husband, which is to be wed to her by the next week.

Of course, the Trubshaws had not been expected to attend to the extravagant party, as they didn't want to risk another quarrel with the Portley-Rinds.

Ah, the scandal it would cause.

"Aye Eggs, have you heard that the Portley-Rinds are going to throw a masked ball tonight?" Norman, one of Eggs Trubshaw's friend asked him, as Kubo nodded to his friend in agreement.

Eggs raised an eyebrow. "Really? Those pesky Portley-Rinds," he scoffed, as Kubo playfully wrapped an arm around his friends.

"Say, why don't we disguise ourselves and crash into the party?" He offered, and the three friends had immediately agreed to their secret plan.

As custom, when the three friends had arrived there, they were wearing masks, as per requirement of the party. It was a masked ball, after all.

Eggs wandered the halls of the Portley-Rinds, his eyes roaming around the beautiful designs of their ballroom. He scoffed silently, knowing that their ballroom was much better.

What he didn't know, was young Winnie Portley-Rind has been following him silently. She wanted to escape her father's expectations of her marrying a man of his choice, purely against her will.

It was all too loud for her.

She saw him at the other end of the huge ball room, on his handsome suit and tie, with his simple mask. He caught her eye on him, and she decided to make her way towards him out of curiosity.

Maybe, just maybe, she thought.

The two had been playing a game of cat and mouse for a monent, until Eggs had stopped on his tracks, making Winnie gasp silently.

He turned his head, seeing the young beautiful girl behind him. He smiled, walking towards her. As they looked at each other, their eyes had conversed silently, speaking in the language that only they can understand.

They can still faintly hear the music coming from the ballroom, before Eggs had wasted no time and offered a hand out to the stranger in front of him. Winnie had accepted the offer, and together they danced blissfully under the moonlight.

As they danced, they were both silent for they were too busy looking at each other. Only sly smiles were exchanged, as they both danced to the music.

They didn't know, that the one they're dancing with are from their rivaling family. But now, everything feels so far away, it feels like they were the only ones left in this world, creating their own reality without even knowing each other.

When the music stopped, being the gentleman he is, Eggs bowed down to the young girl and kissed her hand lightly, making Winnie blush instantly.

They took another moment staring at each other, waiting for the other to make the first move. Eggs shook his head, prompting himself to speak.