Trouble Ahead

The very last thing Alice wanted to do right now was sleep. With it now being public news that Hiram was missing, she could barely allow herself to rest into a peaceful slumber, no matter how much of her energy the twins she carried inside of her were draining day by day.

Admittedly, it would be easier to fall asleep with FP by her side, softly stroking her back and running his hands through her raven locks as she rested herself on his chest and listened to his calming heartbeat as he promised her everything was going to be okay, but unfortunately that just wasn't an option right now.

He had driven her home minutes after they had witnessed the news story, but barely speaking of it during the ride, just minor mentions of talking about it the next day, but Alice couldn't even wait that long. The guilt and fear was already beginning to consume her.

The month of June brought on morning sunrises as early as 5:30, and as the orange skies were beginning to shift into a calming blue and the sounds of chirping birds began to ring around along with the dead silence which was unfortunately rare in her home, she took it as an opportunity to finally force herself into getting the much needed sleep she needed and craved, no matter how wild the thoughts raging inside of her frail and frantic mind were.

However, as she aggressively sunk in her pillow, clenching her eyes shut and preparing to physically count jumping sheep, a rush bile rising from her stomach and up to her throat hit her with such force, and with bulging eyes, she leapt out of bed and made a beeline for the bathroom.

Hunched over so vulnerably over the toilet bowl as she released the contents of her stomach into it, breathing shallowly and her eyes watering as she continued to heave, she couldn't figure out if this was the morning sickness taking affect, or the
horror of the current situation she was dealing with finally manifesting due to the news that broke yesterday. Either way, this was all way too much for her to deal with in her condition.

•••

With an empty house, and a dire need to clear her head and discuss the situation rationally, Alice had invited Fred, Hermione and FP round first thing. The sooner this dilemma was approached, the better for her.

"You don't think the kids will say something about us all suddenly sending them to the movies, and so randomly too?" Hermione challenged condescendingly, taking a mug of coffee that FP had ever so graciously offered each of them, minus Alice, one by one.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." FP stated calmly before walking over to where Alice was sat.

"Of course not!" Alice exclaimed. "They'll just be glad to be out of the house." She explained firmly as she took her mug of camomile tea out of FP's hands, thanking him quietly as he came and sat by her side.

"Let's not steer away from the issue here." Fred intervened dominantly, wanting to rationalise everything into he moment and calm tensions down. He could feel them rising by the second. "What was said in that report?"

Alice and FP reflected back on the news segment, recalling and detailing as much their brains would allow.

"Uh-" Alice nervously stammered, not wanting to dwell on the topic any longer than needed. She was under enough pressure. "Just mentioned his name, I think? And description, and the phone number regarding any information."

"That's all?" Hermione challenged, anxiously tapping her feet along the floor. "This was the last place he was. They'll put two and two together-" The Brunette hastily rambled before being cut off by FP.

"They're not going to do that." He dominantly assured his frantic peers. He shamefully knew all too well about the pressure they were under, the terror and worry they felt, and the no doubt sickly feeling of fear bubbling in their guts this very minute.