Liberation

If you had told Alice a year ago that she'd be trapped in her kitchen for hours on end, surrounded by cookbooks, measuring tools and flour covering herself and the surfaces she would have laughed in your face.

Baking, heck cooking in general we're not her strong suit and they never were, she never learnt from her mother like most people did seeing as the only thing her mother ever cooked on a stove landed her on probation and she never bothered to teach herself either.

She began to ask herself why she even bothered to offer to bake these cupcakes. Was getting one up on the women of the PTA even worth it? Here she was with two batches of failed cupcakes, the countertops covered in flour and icing as well as her clothes and her hair and face an absolute mess.

Polly, Betty and Cheryl has come in to find the kitchen in an absolute state and their mother in utter distress, looking more frustrated than they'd ever seen.

"What the hell?" Betty asked

"What? You've never seen me bake before?" Alice asked while she stood at the single washing her hands

"Uhm, no. Hence the shock." Polly replied.

"There's some stupid bake sale tomorrow at the school so as part of the Prissy Twats Anonymous I've gotta make 50 cupcakes." Alice revealed as she dried her hands

"If you're really struggling why don't you just buy them, nobody will know the difference. My Mom's been doing it for years, she can't bake to save her life." Cheryl revealed

"Really? And she has the nerve to judge me? Why didn't I think of that before?" Alice said before rushing to the door to grab her coat.

"Can't believe I wasted 3 hours baking this crap when I could've gone to the store. Girls, if I'm not back in time for dinner just order a pizza." She informed them before leaving the house.

Shortly after Alice leaves the house, the three girls remained in the kitchen and heard shouting coming next door. Not being used to neighbourly domestics in Riverdale, the three of them all approached the living room window, peeking outside to find Jughead and Archie arguing about God knows what on Archie's front porch.

"Well well well! I wonder what's happening here." Polly enquired as she stared out the window. Seeing the two argue was full on entertainment to her.

"I wonder what happened." Cheryl wondered

"Trust me, you don't." Betty interrupted

From what the girls could decipher, the two were arguing about a girl by the name of Ginger Lopez. Of course Betty knew what the context of their argument could be but to Betty and Cheryl it was just another case of two boys fighting over a girl.

"Hey, could one of you put Tyler down?" She asked as she got up and walked towards the front door

"Why? Where are you going?" Polly asked her getting up and following her.

"To sort this shit out." Betty answered before opening the door and leaving.

"H- How Archie? Just how?! Even after what we talked about? What? Was it to get back at me because you felt hurt? What was it?!" Jughead argued, demanding to know

"For the 100th damn time, this wasn't about you and you got the wrong end of the stick!" Archie argued

"I KNOW WHAT I SAW! You were practically all over her. Smiling and laughing! Ginger Lopez? Seriously? Even I thought you had higher standards for beards." Jughead responded

"There is nothing going on between Ginger Lopez and I! What you saw was her asking me out and me turning her down as nicely as I could! I was trying not to be an asshole to her."