Love, War and Tragedy

Following the girls returning in the middle of the night, FP was forced to make a swift exist from the comfort of Alice's bed the second he heard a key twist in the front door and light footsteps enter the hallway, but not before leaving a note by Alice's bedside and gazing at her beautiful face as she remained in her peaceful slumber and finally laying a soft feather light kiss on her bare cheek.

Alice woke later than usual that morning, her lips releasing a quiet yawn before she took the opportunity to reach out for FP, but was confusingly stunned to find him absent. She rolled over her polyester silk sheets, shifting her messy dark locks out of her face before twisting her head and pursing her lips in bewilderment, wondering where on earth he could've got to.

She didn't know what to feel in that moment, as it served as harsh reminder of how men would normally pull a come and go with her, literally. Fortunately, her racing mind was put at ease as her tired eyes landed on a piece of paper sat on top of her bedside table. She reached over for the note and adjusted her eyes to read the messy handwritten note.

I didn't want to wake you, you looked so peaceful. The girls got in late so I had to flee, but I'll see you first thing tomorrow x

Her pouty lips curled into a beaming smile as she read over FP's touching words, biting down on her bottom lip before swinging her long ivory legs over the bed, and proceeding to make her way downstairs for breakfast, despite how late it already was.

She quietly strolled down the wooden stairs, hearing the minor echoing sounds of Betty and Polly in deep conversation coming from the kitchen. Despite it being only two days since they had left for the music competition, she had missed them dearly and couldn't wait to greet them with a overly tight hug, but she was side tracked by the sound of the doorbell.

"I've got it!" She yelled out to the girls as she hopped off the last stair and made her way to the front door, releasing a sharp but ecstatic gasp as she found FP on the other side, stood confidently on the doormat with a charming smirk gracing his freshly shaven face.

With her widened sapphire blue eyes, she sneakily spun her head around to check on the girls. They were remained blissfully unaware of their mother's visitor, quietly enjoying their breakfast before she stepped closer in between the edge of the door and doorway to disguise FP and remain as discreet as possible.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him in a cheerful hiss.

His brow arched in confusion as his gleaming yet seductive dark eyes remained on her face. Even in the morning, she was still a sight for sore eyes, and the black silk dressing gown that hang off her body and framed her exposed chest perfectly was just a bonus.

"Take it you didn't read my note then? And why are you whispering?"

"No, I did." Alice confirmed quickly, stepping closer towards him once more and holding her arm between the but it's still early. "And the girls are just back there eating breakfast. That's why I'm whispering."

"Breakfast? It's after midday."

"Well, Brunch then." She jokingly accepted, folding her arms over her body. The girls were never early birds. "And remember, we agreed we weren't telling the kids yet." She playfully recalls in a chirpy voice, tucking a strand of her jet black locks behind her cute ear.

"I remember, I just didn't wanna go back on what I said." He professed, his fixed gaze on her turning softer by the second and sending a rush of warmth through her body.

She helplessly gave in, gliding her hands smoothly up his broad arms and shoulder before clutching them around his neck, letting her finger tips play around at the base of his hair.