Modern Day Brady Brunch

It's been a matter of weeks since Alice and FP disclosed everything regarding the pregnancy to their children, and proceeded with the plans to move into the Smith household altogether.

In theory, it seemed like a dream come true, but in practice, their Brady Bunch-esque plans proved to be more complex than they imagined.

The first few days were a bit of crazed atmosphere, something the Jones side of the family weren't quite useful as they found very quickly that the Smiths had their own chaotic and impulsive way of approaching communal living, routine and tackling disputes and confrontation.

Jughead had never had to fight for a television remote in his life but he soon discovered that when it came to TV time, it was Polly's way or no way, and as for showering and general bathroom usage, it became a daily theme every morning like clockwork to fight over who got to use it first and a misuse of the hot water.

The kids would fight and bicker far more than Alice and FP expected, especially as neither sets of children were used to sharing, leaving the parents to reluctantly intervene, but eventually, once personalities and behaviours were understood, and they all learned to compromise and be civil with another, they became the happy family unit FP and Alice knew they were all destined to be.

On top of that, Alice was now firmly in the middle of her second trimester, aka the point in which her forever growing bump was practically impossible to hide, but she wasn't embarrassed or ashamed, and embraced it as much as she could, FP especially took the embracing and appreciation to another level.

She wasn't used to having such a hands on and involved baby father before so FP's love and devotion to the twins growing in her womb made her heart melt on a regular basis.

He would talk and sing nursery rhymes to her belly early in the morning and first thing at night, and despite being tone deaf, it made her giggle and all soft inside regardless, takes every opportunity to rub it, asks weird baby related questions that she would just find annoyingly hilarious, but still amazing.

She quietly basked in the serene atmosphere, taking full advantage of the few hours she had to herself that evening, relaxing back into the warmth of the steaming hot tub, fluffly foaming bubbles and tantilising bath salts as all three sensually caressed her body and muscles.

Her dark tresses were tied up into a messy bun, and her portruding stomach poked out a little above the dissolving bubbles as she closed her eyes while leaning against the edge, and allowed the soothing sounds of her rain machine put her at peace.

She was so fazed out into her tranquility, that she hadn't heard FP sneak his way into their ensuite, and it wasn't until she felt his soft and gentle yet strong hands massage her shoulders, slowly working along her clavicle.

"Mmhhh." Alice groaned with a wide smile, letting his fingers and thumbs palm into her and caress her tense filled muscles. "You sure do know how to make a woman feel special."

FP gleefully grinned at that ego and confidence rising comment before placing a chaste kiss onto the top of her head. The kids were all asleep, so he was going to take advantage of the time they had to themselves.

"Why don't you join me?" Alice suggested in a sexy tone.

"In a bit." He told her before reaching into the gift bag she noticed in his hand. "I got something for you, well, for the twins."

Alice widened her eyes in wonder as she sat up straight to find out what FP had purchased, and heart began to melt upon seeing two velvet soft teddy bears, one blue, one pink, for their unborn babies.

"Aww." Alice gushed, tilting her head flatteringly. "These are so cute."

"This is really happening, isn't it." FP said in disbelieving daze as he gazed down at the toys in his girlfriends hands.

"Yeah, we're finally getting our happy ending." Alice wholeheartedly agreed, stating up at him in awe. She couldn't put into words how much she loved and adored him, especially in his softer moments. "After everything that's happened this year-" She began in a more somber tone. "Brody, and Hiram-"

"Hey-" FP began, taking his thumb and finger over her chin and tilting it up. "Try not to think about it." He further encouraged. "Just put it out of your head. We haven't heard a word from the police, we got rid of the body, nobody knows about his connections to you and Hermione so there's nothing linking us. Okay?"

"Okay." Alice softly answered. "Now hurry up and get in here."

Meanwhile, over across town, a civil young man was taking his dog for a walk through Fox Forest, like clockwork, every evening, accept this day, he decided to make a hike out of it, and ended up lost, and to add insult to injury his dog had wandered off to God knows where, leaving him to think nothing but the worst.

"Wolfie!" He yelled out. "Where are you boy, come out." He finished worriedly, before following it up with a whistle.

Soon after, he came across a rustling sound from near a tree, curious yet nervous to find out who was behind it.

"Wolfie?" He called cautiously as he slow stepped towards the sound, but his panic suppressed when he discovered a very muddy Wolfie clawing and scratching at the dirt beneath with such determination that he couldn't simply ignore, the canine had discovered something.

"What have you found there buddy?"