It's My Party, I'll Get Mad If I Want To

The day of Hermione's birthday had finally arrived and funnily enough, Fred was more excited about the festivities than she was, especially with the surprise he had prepared for her later today.

He was currently in the kitchen with Veronica and Archie preparing breakfast in bed for his wife, which was his idea.

Finishing up, he told the teens to follow him up with their gifts, with Vegas tagging along. They didn't bother knocking the bedroom door, knowing she was most likely already awake, and just strolled right in.

"Happy Birthday!" Fred, Veronica and Archie cheered as they walked into the room with Vegas behind them. Archie had a huge bouquet of flowers in hand, while Veronica had a wrapped gift box in hers and Fred carried a breakfast tray.

The dog brushed past them all and jumped up onto the bed, making Hermione smile as she sat up.

The three of them followed the canine and joined the two of them with Fred placing her breakfast tray in front of her. She was still on edge and suspicious over his behaviour recently but she decided she wasn't going to let it ruin the day.

"You guys didn't have to do all of this!" She gushed as she moved over to make more space for them all

"Yes we did honey, it's your special day." Fred responded, earning a tense smile from Hermione, which he chose to ignore. Her behaviour towards him had been rather odd over the past week, he had definitely picked up on it.

Of course he hadn't come to the conclusion that she suspected he was cheating so many other scenarios behind Hermione's distance flew around his head, but today was her special day. Whatever issues that believed may have risen between them could wait for another occasion.

"These are beautiful!" She says as Archie hands her the flowers he had got for her. She brings them to her nose and deeply inhales the scent. "Thank you Archie." She places the flowers down next to her and moves onto Veronica's gift.

"Not to be bias, but I can promise you this is the best gift you'll receive today." Veronica brags as she watches her mother open the box

"We'll see about that." Archie jokingly snaps back, earning a concerning glare from Fred as he was the only other person who knew about what he had planned for her later.

She opened the box to find a charm bracelet with multiple charms attached around, including a love heart with the letter "V" attached.

She slowly pulled the piece of jewellery out and stared in awe, gaping at how beautiful it was.

"Oh Ronnie, this is gorgeous." She gushed before placing it around her wrist and lifting it up to get a better look at it. "How did you afford this? It must've cost you a fortune."

"I've been saving for a while, you deserve the best Mom." The young girl smiled before kissing her mother on the cheek. She and Hermione had always had a closer than close bond, and not that you could blame them. They were all each other had for a long while before she reconciled with Fred.

"So, no gift from my beloved husband?" Hermione points out, putting sarcastic emphasis on the word beloved which hadn't gone unnoticed by Fred.

He stammered as his mouth fell slightly agape and his eye widened, glaring into her direction.

"You'll have to wait until later." He says happily

She straightens her face and pulls a half frown, clearly unimpressed by his answer. "Right."

•••

Not being too big on celebrations, Fred and Hermione has organised a quiet dinner to celebrate, for the adults only, which is exactly how Hermione wanted it. All four parents had sent their beloved offspring to The Bijou.