3. Light - Devotee for Justice

I blankly stared at the paper, hoping that the words would form some sort of coherent order and I would magically understand them, but nothing seemed to change no matter how long I looked at it. My eyes shifted to the right briefly, but my attempt to observe the sight next to me discreetly failed when looked right into two stern brown eyes. "And?"

I let out a deep sigh. My teachers thought it a good idea to get some extra explanation apart from the usual lectures, for my grades were getting lower and the fear of not passing the next courses was most certainly present. I remembered how at first I did not really care for the extra lessons until I first met my tutor. It was one of my fellow students whom I have had a crush on since his speech at the opening ceremony.

It was only natural that he would tutor other students, being the best this university had to offer, but I wondered why he took the job, knowing how time-consuming studying could be. And yet here he was, as my tutor. And there I was, as his student. My chances to ever get close to him would probably narrow with every session, for how hard I tried to impress him with my knowledge, he would always outsmart me.

As an answer to his question, I unknowingly growled at the paper. Yagami Light chuckled cutely. "Did you just actually growled?" I faced him with a smile. "I suppose I did."

"Well, don't worry. It's actually rather simple. Look, if you reread this part, the answer is already given." And so he dived into the book with me, patiently explaining the question. This time I was able to look at him without him noticing. I watched his long brown locks hover in front of his sharp eyes, moving synchronically with the movements of his head.

My chances to be with him might narrow with every session, but my love and admiration for him grew exponentially.

"Hey, you! Read with me! You won't improve your grades by staring at me."

With blazing cheeks I fixed my eyes on the paper. "Have you even heard what I've been saying?" Asked Light, crossing his arms in front of his chest. I turned my head to him, thought for a moment, then gave a detailed description of everything he said. He frowned, seemingly impressed. "Well, well. We have someone who can multitask." He briefly locked his eyes with mine, then continued his explanation.

The lesson went on until we were nearly finished with all the questions. Light suggested taking a short break and I happily excepted. He leant backward in his chair and stretched his arms and legs while yawning.

"Tired?" I teased.

"Absolutely. You have no idea how tough it can be, being a student and tutor simultaneously." He answered. "Am I your only student?" I asked and he nodded as an answer. "Why did you agree on tutoring me?"

"I did not agree on it, I insisted."

I looked surprised and confused at him and asked him why, but he just leant closer to me and supported his chin with the palm of one of his hands. "Why are your grades so low? From what I conclude, you have quite some intelligence. Why then do you need a tutor?"

I ignorantly shrugged at his question, but was filled with pride that he had just concluded me to be intelligent. That was quite something coming from him, and I was thankful and honoured for it. Because of this compliment, I decided he might be trusted with the truth. Perhaps he would not ridicule me with it once he knew.

"I tell you why my grades are so low, if you tell me why you insisted on tutoring me, deal?"

Light nodded. "Very well, tell me."

I shrugged again. "It's because of Kira." That name seemed to shock Light, for his eyes slightly widened before he quickly regained his coolheaded posture. He realised I had noticed his change in reaction, and seemed to smile at me. "Kira?" He asked. "You might want to elaborate on that."

"Well," I started, "the police are trying to capture Kira. In some way I am also searching for him. So instead of wasting my time with studies, I continue my search for him." Light leant back again, studying me intensively with sharp, unblinking eyes. "And what would you do, once you find him?"

I was again honoured by the certainty in his voice. He did not doubt my ability to find Kira, did not laugh or tease me with what I revealed. Instead of this, he asked me what I would do when I found Kira. When I would be successful. I looked down for a moment, deciding what to say. Then I looked him right in the eyes and with full truth told him: "I would offer him my assistance."

This did not seem to shock him at all. On the contrary, he seemed rather proud of the determination I had shown in my words. "Not surprised?" I asked. "Surprised? No. You have struck me like someone with a great sense of justice since to moment we first spoke. A good person who wants to make the world a better place, a world any good person would want to live in. You think this can only be achieved by ridding it of the rotten, much like Kira does." He leant in again, locking his eyes with mine and captivating me with the kind yet mischievous glimmering in them.

"Kira might even be pleased with your assistance. You can be extremely observant when you really do your best, and you have the same determination in your behaviour as he should have. But the most important thing of all, you have a great amount of devotion."

I smiled at him. "Thank you. It is good to finally have someone thinking this way of me. I do my best..."

"...and that's all that he'd ask of you."

My smile widened and I looked at him lovingly. This man, this wonderful person was beside Kira the only man in the world ever worthy of my attention. I loved him unconditionally. Still taken aback by the kind words he had offered me, but also filled with curiosity, I leant closer to him such that I could feel the warmth of his breath tingling on my cheeks. Utterly enchanted by him, my eyes were fixed on his every movement.

"Now tell me," I started, "why did you insist on tutoring me?"

"Because," he started and reached out to push away a lock of hair to clear a path to my ear. Then he moved his face to the side of mine and whispered in a low tone, "I might be pleased with your assistance..." Then he softly pressed a kiss on the skin under my ear and chuckled as he heard me gasp, knowing I had realised the actual meaning of his response. In a way it all made sense. The only person fit to be Kira was Yagami Light. I had wanted him to be Kira, and now I knew he was. He studied my reaction, scared by my long silence. But I simply smiled at him, my eyes filled with gladness, love and admiration.

Light detected this and smirked smugly before placing one hand on my cheek and bring my face closer to his to kiss it a second time, this time aiming for my lips. I was entranced by his sweet scent and the tenderness with which his kiss started. By the sound of his breathing and the warmth of his long slender fingers that were pressed against the skin of my cheeks. One of his hands travelled lower, ending at my waist, pushing me closer to him as he deepened the kiss. He growled, making me laugh. "Did you actually growl?" I chuckled but only got another kiss as an answer.

"I shall help you all I can, whatever it is I must do to let Kira be triumphant." I said, my voice sounding like a promise, full of the devotion he had priced me with. "I know," said Light shortly, but continued solemnly, "and when we finish our duty, I shall share this whole new world with you."

And so we made our vows. Kira will prevail. Light and I were Justice. 

A/N

Hello! ^^

I really hope you liked this Yagami Light a.k.a. Kira chapter! Please vote and leave a comment with what you thought of this! Okay, then, have a wonderful day!

-The Shinigami

(P.S. and I'm curious so tell me, what do you think: is Kira or L Justice?)