7. Comfort you - Mello

The fingers of both my hands were entangled in my hair, forcefully grasping the locks and pulling them to create a bittersweet pain, as I rocked myself back and forth. I sat on the ground with my knees brought to my chest, watching the world outside me in a sleepless, careless slumber. The world out there did not see me. It would never see me in this sorry state. But even if it did, I wondered, would it even care?

No. No one seemed to care. The more I reached out, the more they walked away. The more I asked for help, the more they would deny me. The harder I shouted, the lesser they'd hear me. It was frightening to realise this truth, as I watched the sleeping world from my hotel room. Like a lonely vulture in its abandoned nest.

"Stop that." I heard a familiar voice ring through the silence. Not understanding what was meant, I stopped rocking back and forth and held my breath to listen for more sounds. "Stop what?" I asked out loud. Mello came sitting next to me, spreading out his legs in front of him. "Stop shouting. Didn't you notice? You were shouting like crazy." He yawned and rubbed his eyes, then turned his head towards me and was shocked by what he saw. "Are you alright?" He asked, wrapping an arm around me.

"Do I look like I am?" I asked sarcastically. He did not answer, instead he pulled me closer to him and held me tightly, rocking me as I had done before. The rhythmic movement calmed me and even lulled me, causing me to yawn. Mello smiled mischievously and took my yawning as an opportunity to throw some chocolate my way. I almost choked on it, causing him to burst out laughing.

We remained there together until my breathing was nice and calm. We sat entangled and shared the sweets he liked so much. Sweet chuckling and the cracking of chocolate were the only sounds that penetrated the silence. I thanked him for his help, but he merely shrugged. "No problem, but next time you're feeling sad, don't go sitting alone in the living room. There are other rooms and ways in which I could comfort you..." I hit his head as a response and laughed.

A/N

Chocolate makes everything better, but having Mello near you is even more preferred. I am so fascinated by him and would love to have him around me, especially during tough times. He'd be such a supportive person to lean on. What did you think of this chapter? Let me know!

-The Shinigami