chapter 1, sapnap

When I was little I always liked apocalyptic movies they were so interesting and sounded so fun. They were never scary to me, That was until one actually happened. It started a couple weeks ago, it was a normal school day when everything went to shit. I was walking home with my to best friends, dream and George, then we saw one of those things. It was tall and grey, it was eating a girl that lived a few houses down from me. Her face was half eaten it was horrifying, I just stood there so did dream and George. But then dream took our hands and we started running towards were his house was. After that day we've been on the road getting supplies and trying to get some were safe. We've all tried to call our family and friends but no one ever answered. We all assumed they were dead. We just had each other and we all made sure to keep it that way.

___________________

"Dream catch" I said as I tossed dream a pack of condoms. "There for you and George" I smirk as he threw the box at me "WE'RE NOT TOGETHER" he screamed when he threw the box. I just started laughing. They clearly liked each other.

"Guys, knock it off. those things could hear us and i dont want to deal with one today." George said as he came back from what ever shop he was in.

We were on the outskirts of a city. were stalking up on supplies so we didn't need to stop inside the city. It was better if we went right through so we didn't need to deal with those things.

"George were fine, we made sure to check before we started messing around." Dream said as he gently punched the younger bog in the shoulder. "you said that last time and what do you know we had to quickly get out of there or we would have died." George said dramatically.

"We were fine dont be so whiny" I scoffed he was being a baby I doubt us being stupid would drag one of those things in from miles away.

"Yeah im being whiny well tell me that when-" he cut himself off before he finished. He looked over to us and mouthed "hide". We looked behind us and we saw it. There were 4, they hadn't spotted us yet luckily. We all quickly ran in a store and hid.

We heard them walking around and smashing stuff. I looked over to George who was crying, he was scared. Dream noticed and pulled him in to comfort him. "Were not gonna die everything will be ok." He whispered.

I hope what dream said will be true, we waited what felt like days but probably was a few hours. We got out and left the store grabbing a few more things before leaving. When we got back out side it was getting dark.

We ran to the truck so we could get the hell out of here, but fortunately for us the truck had no gas and a flat tire. "Fuck" dream said still holding George close. I grabbed out my flash light and my gun. "We should start walking then." I said as I headed towards the city.

Dream grabbed a flash light and his shot gun out of his bag and followed me with George close behind with a machete. We made sure to look everywhere before we continued walking so we didn't run into anything.

After a while of walking we found some underground tunnels. We thought it might be safer down there so we went down. We walked a lot longer after that. Till we found some where to rest.

We found a open area that was pretty big so we decided to stay there for the night. We unpacked our bags so we could set up a base for a bit. We took shifts for sleeping, dream said he'd take first shift.

I gladly went to sleep, or tried to. I didn't get much rest, but its better than nothing. It came around to were it was my turn to keep watch.

I sat up on the wall, it was gross seeing George cuddled up to dream. They say there not together but I say other wise. After about an hour I heard someone scream.

I quickly grabbed my gun and flash light and ran in the direction. I honestly don't know why I did, I knew I didn't know the person. But something told me I should save them.

Once I got near were I heard the sound, I saw a terrifying sight. There was one of those things on top of someone, but the person was holding it back by a metal pole.

"GET AWAY PLEASE, I DONT TASTE GOOD I PROMISE, SOMEONE HELP PLEASEEEEE" they cried, I could see there eyes full of tears, they looked hurt to.

I grabbed my gun and aimed it in between the monsters head and shot. It was a clean shot it went right through killing it on the spot. I heard the guy squeal.

The guy quickly scooted away from the dead creature. "are you ok?" I asked as I went over to him. He looked scared. "Hey, it ok im not gonna hurt you" I smiled, trying to comfort him.

"I'm f-fine" he said as he continued to cry. I sighed and squatted down in front of him so I could get a better look at the boy. He had blue eyes with fluffy brown hair. He looked like he was wearing a hoodie, but its all ripped up now and stained from blood.

He had a huge gash on his left leg that probably made it hard to walk, I kept searching for more injuries so I could make sure I helped him properly, But I couldn't find any recent ones. There was dozens of scars on his arms that look self inflicted which made me feel bad for the guy but it wasn't my place to ask about it.

"SAPNAP" I heard dream yell "don't be so loud" I heard George say quieter. "I'M OVER HERE" I yelled back. They came running over to me, they looked worried. I sighed, I looked at the mystery boy. He looked scared when he saw dream and George running up to us.

I just put my hand on his shoulder, gesturing for him to calmed down which he did. "Sapnap, what the hell you scared the-" he stopped in his tracks when he saw the guy. "Whos that?" Dream questioned.

"He's someone I saved from one of those creatures." I said as I looked back at him, he was still crying. "Anyway whats your name mystery boy" I asked. He looked at me for a second then answered "im karl, karl jacobs" I smiled and shook his hand.

"I'm nick, but call me sapnap. Thats dream and thats George." I said as I let his hand go. He smiled and nodded. His smile felt warm. " can you walk?" I said hoping he could so it would be easier to get out.

But with my luck he shook his head no. I sighed "is it ok if I picked you up then?" I questioned. " yeah thats ok" he said queit, he seemed still scared. I put my arms under his legs and arms and picked him up.

"Agh" he flinched, I guess his legs hurt more then I thought. "Hey, karl right? How did you get your leg so badly hurt?" George asked. "Oh, well I was with my friend and I fell from the ceiling and broke it I think." He said pointing to the whole in the ceiling.

"Where's your friend now?" Dream asked as we started to head back to where we were. "I don't know he said he-" Karl was interrupted by a crash then someone yelling.

"get your hands off of Karlos or ill burn you alive"......

---------------------------

Woooo first chapter done hope you liked it.