chapter 10, karl

Tw: feeling sick, its scary so recommend dont read at night if you scare easy.

Everything seems to be getting better. I can definitely tell the stress on everyones shoulders is slowly lifting. Its nice to be able to have a reason to smile when everything usually is going to shit. Maybe we can make a little home here or at least make it safer for us for awhile.

"You seem happy?" Sapnap said giving me a nice smile. "Its because I am. I mean everyone seems to be, dont they?" I smiled, sapnap nodded and looked around at everyone having a good time with each other. "how's your leg does it still hurt a lot?" Sapnap leaned against the truck i was sitting in. "Sometimes, but the pain killers definitely help." He gave me a slight worried look but then washed it over with a smile.

"So did you get along with tubbo and ranboo" he said as we looked in to there direction. "Actually I did, tubbo has a lot of interest i have and ranboo was very fascinated by stories quackity told. It was really fun to get to know new people." I laughed remembering all the stupid stuff quackity said.

"How was the Supply run?" I said leaning my head on the back of the car seat. "Its was pretty easy, we didn't run into many of those things so we were lucky." He said as he got into the truck with me. "Are we going to stay here for bit or are we sticking to the plan of getting out of the city." I asked facing his direction.

"Were probably going to get out of the city and find a safe place to stay so we aren't moving around so much." Sapnap said giving me a reassuring smile. I nod and smile back, I felt my body get tired. This broken leg is really draining my energy.

I close my eyes and leaned up against something. I felt a hand around me, it was comforting. I felt my mind slowly drifting into a sleep.

      _______________________________

I heard something loud and it woke me up. I was to tired to tell what it was, but it made me upen my eyes. I looked around to see no one. I was in the car alone. It was night, and quite. I was scared, I looked around to see if I could find a weapon. I open a bag up and found a knife. Its wasn't much but it was protection.

I open the truck door, the truck was parked on the side of the road. It looked like we were out of the city and In a empty field. I continued to look around the truck barley getting around the car with my leg but no one was to be found. Were would they go?

"Hello?" I said out loud then instantly regretted it. Im stupid, I could have just lured anything to me. I quickly got back in the truck and hid. I was scared and wasn't about to be even more stupid and wait out there.

I heard foot steps around me, but they felt odd like something wasn't right with them. I just didn't move,I stayed hidden and covered in bags and things so they couldn't see me.

If I said I was terrified that would be a understatement. I felt like I was going to break down and scream, I couldn't handle this unsettling feeling. Like what ever creature is around me if I make any movement im dead.

"Karl?" My eyes shot open i was even more terrified, the voice wasn't human it couldn't be. It knows I'm there and I cant escape. Im stuck and no ones around me, everyones gone. Im alone, im scared.

"Hey karl its alright" I open my eyes, they were full of tears. I looked around I was in the truck but I wasn't alone. Sapnap was right besides me holding me tight. It was night but we were on the road moving. Dream was the one driving, I caught a glance of him giving me a worried look.

"Is this real?" It was my first question that came to mind, I was scared I wanted this to be real life  not a dream. "Yes it is, your here with us." Sapnap said taking my hand proving this was real. I felt my fear wash away.

I kept crying but I felt a lot better. "Is everything alright?" Dream said looking at the road. "It is now I just had a bad dream. Sorry" I said with a small laugh at the end. "Well you're alright now, no one can hurt you" sapnap said pulling me in a tight hug. I smiled.

"I'm real" I heard that same voice from my dream whisper in my ear. I felt a wave of fear wash over me again. I turned my head around to look out the back window. I see every one sleeping, but I see a creature standing still far back from the truck. We were driving away from it. Then it was gone.

I turned back to face the front of the car. I felt my heart beating out of my chest. What was that? It wasn't like those zombie type things it was something else. Something scarier, something that knew what it was doing it had a brain but it wasn't human.

I looked down at my lap fear still flooding my body. I was shaking like crazy, my vision was getting blurry and ears were ringing. I felt a grip around me tighten and I felt sound vibrations like someone talking but I couldn't hear a thing.

I couldn't see either everything was just being overloaded by the feeling of fear. Everything was shaking and blurry. That voice was the only thing that was clear in my mind. That unsettling voice that didn't sound like human. I couldn't move, I couldn't even tell were I was anymore. I felt like I was going to be sick.