chapter 4, sapnap

Tw: mentions of self-harm and suicidal tendencies

We were looking around where that thing was, it was weird it just ran off. I've never seen one do that before. We all started talking about what it might have been doing, then we heard a gun shot.

We all quickly turned our heads in that direction and all at the same time started run. I forgot we left karl there alone. I was freaking, i cant let him die not after I just saved his damn life.

Dream was the fastest so he was a head of everyone, once we got there we saw karl just sitting there with his eyes closed facing the creature that looked like was about to kill him.

Dream quickly shot gunned the creature, making it collapse. I ran over to karl so did quackity. He opened his eyes they were full of tears.

"Karl what happened why didn't you scream for help or something?" Quackity asked confused, karl just stared at us crying his eyes out. He looked scared, more scared then before.

"KARL?" Quackity yelled. "Calm down, cant you see he's terrified?" I said glaring at Quackity. He just looked at me and walked away.

I sighed and turned my attention back to karl, "are you ok?" I asked. "I'm scared, I don't want to be alone again please" Karl said as he hugged me tight as if his life depended on it.

I could feel his tears, he was crying more and more. I was shocked when he hugged me, but it seemed like he needed someone right now. I hugged him back and let him cry it out.

"I was so sure I was going to die, so I thought I should just except my fate. But then you guys saved me and I just never want to feel like my only way to get out is to die ever again." He rambled, he was digging his face into my chest, while he cried.

I didn't mind at all it felt nice to be able to hold someone and comfort them. I just held him and after a bit I put my finger through his hair, it was fluffy and soft. He was slightly smaller than me and it seemed like he fit perfect in my arms.

It was about 10 minutes later dream came up to me. "Hey sap I think we should start heading out, here's your bag we'll be waiting over there." Dream said as he handed me my bag and walked off.

I picked up karl realizing he fell asleep. He didn't sleep did he, i just sighed and threw my bag over my shoulders while holding on to karl.
I walked over to were everyone was waiting.

They all looked at me then we started to walk out these underground tunnels. The exit wasn't that far from where we were so we were out quickly.

When we got to the top the sun was just coming up. It was a pretty sun set mixed with so many colors it was hard to think that a world that went so far down hill still could have something so pretty.

"Hey sapnap" quackity said looking over to me. "Yeah, whats up?" I gestured for him to go on. "About karl, he's been through a lot, more than you could probably think. He's a very sweet and caring guy. He'd probably do everything for someone else then do anything for himself." Quackity said staring at the ground

"What are you getting at?" I said questioning the reason he's telling me all this. "what im trying to say is keep him safe for me, if I cant be there or if something happens. He may try to hurt himself again if this all becomes to much. Something you should probably know he's very affectionate and he needs it all the time so If you see him freaking out hug him or ruffle his hair it calms him down." Quackity said sounding out of breath after talking so much.

I was confused why he told me this and asked me to take care of him out of the other two. "Quackity why did you tell me this?" I questioned. "Because clearly he has a attachment to you somehow. He seems like he trusts you the most I guess." He chuckled.

I didn't really notice, but I felt like I was supposed to meet him. Maybe its just my mind but I think no matter what I would have met him in someway Or another.

"Oh yeah Quackity how do you know karl?" George said as he held hands with dream, he seemed like he didn't hear the conversation we just had.

"Oh well were bestfriends and have been for years, I met him around elementary. A kid was picking on him for being short so I kicked him and made him cry and ever since then we've been friends." He laughed. It made me chuckle a bit and dream to.

"How old are guys?" Quackity asked looking at all of us. "I'm 18 and so is sapnap and George's 17" dream said as we kept walking forward.

"How about you Quackity if thats your real name" George joked. "Haha, yeah my real name is alex I just go by Quackity." He laughed before he continued "im 17 but turning 18 in a few months and karls 17" quackity answered.

"Are you and dream together" quackity asked George, I started laughing but tried to hold it in so I didn't wake karl. " no were not together " dream sounded Annoyed.

"You guys sure seem like it" Karl yawned. "Oh good morning sleeping beauty" quackity joked. "Shut the honk up" Karl groaned, he shoved his face back into my chest.

"What the hell is a "honk" " dream laughed. "Oh karl doesn't do swear words, well sometimes." Quackity said. "It's to bright" Karl whined waving for the sun to go away.

I just laughed, we kept talking till we reached a building we could settle in. I learned a lot more about karl and quackity today and they learned about us.