chapter 5, karl

Tw: self-harm mention.

We found a abandoned corner store, it had some supplies in there and it was safe at the moment so we settled down there.

We all continued to have conversations, learning about each other more and more. After awhile everyone was getting tired.

Dream said we should all rest so we can continue walking later, But I wasn't tired, I did sleep all the way here so I didn't expect to be.

Everyone was peacefully sleeping, but George he was the look out. He just switched off with me but I wasn't tired so I stayed up with him.
I told him he could sleep more but he denied and said he was ok.

So we both just stared into space in silence. Then he started to talk, "Sapnap seems to like you" he said staring at the wall the doors on.

I was kinda taken back by the statement, I didn't really know what he meant. "How so?" I questioned. " Well he helped you multiple times which he normally doesn't do unless he knew you for a while" George shrugged. He crawled over to me and sat next to me.

"So are you and dream together or not" I asked giving him a playful look. " I don't know honestly, I've liked him for years and he seems like he's liked me too but we never officially said it to each other." He sighed as he put his head on my shoulder.

He sounded sad, like he wished dream would just say something so he could know for sure. " I would say tell him what you want, but I don't think right now would be the best since he's probably stressed about me and quackity coming along." I say looking down as George who just nodded.

"Karl, you seem like your a great person." He said, catching me off guard. "really?" I asked surprised. "yeah, you seem like someone I would be bestfriends with in school if we met there" he laughed slightly.

"Karl can I get personal with you?" He asked as he looked down at his hands. "Sure" I answer looking at the wall in front of us. "do you ever feel lonely even though people are around you" George asks Starting to play with a random pebble on the floor.

"Yeah, all the time. Are you feeling like that?" I asked. "Sometimes, yeah. I don't know i think im just scared of losing everyone" he yawns while he stretches his arms. "I understand that" I yawn as well.

"Karl have you cut yourself?" George said looking up at me. I was kinda shocked to say anything right away, it was a very random question. " you don't need to answer im sorry I just saw the scars and wondered." George says with a slight panic in his voice.

"No, no its fine. To answer your question, yes I did. I'm ok now but I did" I say, he justs nods probably not wanting to ask more questions.

I just sigh, "what were you like in school?" I ask wondering. "I would say i was quite to strangers but to my friends im pretty loud and whiny" he chuckled as he said the last part. I just smiled, it's nice to have friends again that actually care.

After not talking for a while I realized he fell asleep. I scooted over and layed him down in my make shift bed. I grabbed on to a shelf and pulled myself up. Hopping over to a slightly boarded up window.

My leg didn't hurt as much since quackity gave me more pain killers, but it was still broken. I looked out the slight gap in the boards the boarded up the window, it was still early into the night.

When we got here it was still day but we talked a lot which made time go by fast. Maybe I shouldn't of walked over here because now ill have to walk back which will be hard.

I felt something behind me so I quickly turn, almost falling since I only had one usable leg. " Woah dont fall on your leg." Sapnap said as he put his hands on my shoulders to keep me stable.

"Don't scare me like that" I scoffed, He just smirked at me and continued talking. "why are you still up, your shift ended awhile ago." He said putting his arm around me so I wouldn't fall.

"I couldn't get to sleep" I answered.
"Hm. How did you sleep before all this?" He asked turning his head towards me. "Without a broken leg" I snickered. He rolled his eyes and held back a laugh. "You know what I mean jacobs"

I laughed at the nickname he gave me "most of the time I didn't sleep, I've learned how to stay up. I'll most likely fall asleep later but right now im not really tired." Right when I said that I yawned kinda conflicting what I just said.

"I think your body says otherwise, you also need rest. you broke your leg and its not gonna heal with you standing here looking out a boarded up window" he said as he dragged me back to the beds.

"I'm not gonna sleep" I announced. He just looked at me and places me down on a bad that was a little away from the others. "Isnt this your bed?" I questioned. "Yes but im the look out for the next couple hours so you can sleep here till then." He answered.

I just sighed and layed down not questioning anything further. I felt him sit next to me, so I turned. "Are you gonna sit next to me the whole night?" I asked as I laughed a little.

"I was sitting here so you felt safe but if you want me to go-" he said as he got up. "I was kidding" I said as I looked up at him. He sat back down and smiled. "go to sleep karl" he said as he ruffled my hair.

I smiled and turned over. I'll try and sleep tonight I guess.