Change of Plans [14]

Her heart felt like it had dropped straight into the depths of the ocean at the scene she just witnessed.

Hange Zoe. Her friend and commander gave her life in order for the others to successfully leave on the flying boat.

Y/n lowers her head clenching her teeth. This was how everything was going to end. Death and destruction. She lifts her right arm up making a fist and putting it up against her heart. "Dedicate...your...heart...everyone."

Her hand drops and she falls to her knees.

I have to put faith in my friends that they will carry out the mission, but...

Is my mission over?

Everyone had convinced her not to fight. She understands why they felt this way.

Her gaze shifts down to her stomach placing her hand on top. Constantly Y/n must remind herself she responsible for both her life and the one growing inside her.

The life her and Eren conceived out of love for each other.

Y/n knew the consequences when going after the founding titan. Now it seemed she was going to lose the opportunity to save him. Eren was going to die, and there was nothing she could do to change that.

A couple hours passed as Y/n sat on the deck wallowing in her thoughts.

"Y/n." A voice comes from behind her as she turns to find Annie with Falco and Gabi trailing behind. Y/n noticed Annie was holding the ODM gear Mikasa gave her earlier. "We are going to help the others." She says extending the gear towards Y/n beckoning her to take it. "You're going to need this to save him."

"What made you change your mind?" Y/n asks taking the gear from the blonde. Annie just gives her usual cold stare. "Does it matter if I change my mind?" She replies coldly turning around. "We all have people we want to save." She mutters under her breath walking away.

"That girl never changes even after being trapped in a crystal for 4 years." Y/n half smiles amusingly.

Y/n starts putting on the gear while Falco and Gabi stood watching her. "Gabi, you go on. I need to speak with Y/n alone." Falco says to his friend. "Are you sure Falco?" She asks. Falco reassures her that he will be ok, so Gabi takes her leave.

"What did you want to talk with me about Falco?" Y/n asks him while she is fastening the straps to her legs.

"It's about our conversation from earlier. We never really finished it." He starts. "My Jaws is able to transform into a bird. I obtained the ability from ingesting Mr. Zeke's spinal fluid. I am going to transform, and fly us to Fort Salta. That is currently where the rumbling is headed.

"You can't gage in combat because you are pregnant, and I would hate myself putting you in a spot where you and your baby get hurt. However, I can get you to the place where Eren is located. If the theory about Warhammer titan is true, then Eren isn't in the nape he may be somewhere else encased in a titan crystal.

"I have been thinking about what the titan powers have done to him and the others. How he deserves a normal life after this. I don't accept what he has committed against my home, but we destroyed his home first. Marley started this. I now understand Eren is trying to end the cycle of hatred. If you want to save him, if there is a chance he will live to redeem himself, then I will help you. I can take you to him."

Y/n's eyes soften at Falco statement.

She couldn't help the smile appear on her face. "I said this before and I will say it again...you are a good kid Falco. I appreciate your help."