Memories- Sleepless Nights [25]

Eren stands in a bedroom once more recognizing to be his. It was dark outside indicating everyone was asleep.

A sudden gasp makes him jump as he turns to find his younger self sitting up from the bed panting heavily.

"A nightmare again." Eren says as he watches his younger self calm his heart rate. The sweat dripped from his head falling onto the bed sheets.

They weren't really nightmares per say. What the younger Eren would dream about were memories, but often some would be too cruel for him that he would wake up in the middle of the night panting heavily from the adrenaline rush.

He watches as the younger Eren gets out of the bed, put on his shoes, and heads out the door.

Eren followed behind still unsure which memory it was yet.

The two soon get closer to the destination, which Eren knew was the dining hall. He knew his younger shelf was looking for something to drink to calm him.

A dim light emitting from the hall left Eren thinking it was Levi again since the man cannot sleep, but he was wrong once the two entered the room.

Eren enters the dining hall as he looked to get a drink. He was having the dreams again of the memories.

Initially thinking he was going to see the Captain in the dining hall he was left agape when he saw a h/c head of hair sitting in a chair with a cup of tea.

The person shifts their eyes towards who had entered the room. Blinking a couple of times as she realizes who it was. "Eren? What are you doing up?" Y/n asks him.

"I couldn't sleep." He says as she proceeds to take a seat in front of her.

"It was the memories again, wasn't it?" She asks with worry on her face.

"Yah..." His voice trails off. Eren knew after telling her everything that he couldn't hide anything from Y/n anymore. In fact, he didn't want to hide it from her.

"How often does this happen?" She asks.

Eren shrugs his shoulders turning his gaze towards a random corner of the room. "A few times a week. Sometimes more, or multiple times through a single night. I can't seem to control when I see them."

Y/n sat in silence. She hadn't realized that he was losing sleep because of the memories. She wanted to find a way that could help him.

"Is there anything that can help take your mind off of them?" Y/n hoping to help find a solution.

"There is one thing I have noticed lately..." He sighs as he brings his hands on to the table twiddling his thumbs. He refused to meet her gaze as he felt embarrassed by the thought of it. "S-sometimes when I think of something, or someone...in particular...I don't dream of the memories..."

Both sat in silence. They could feel the heat rising to their face knowing who Eren was referring to.

"W-would it m-make you f-feel better if-", Y/n was a stuttering mess. "-If uhh I don't know...y-you were with them when you fell asleep I mean...", Her voice trails off feeling embarrassed by the odd suggestion.

Neither the two felt confident in this newly step in their relationship. It started off somewhat normal as they wanted to keep it quiet from everyone. Slowly the two were starting to crave each other again, crave the closeness, but neither one took the initial step as it was a first for them both.

Eren continued twiddling his thumbs trying to work up the courage to tell her. "Uhhh...ummm...I-I" He starts, but immediately feeling uncomfortable.