Reunited [30]

A/N: WELCOME to part 3!! The last part of this story. Many chapters to come. The title is....Moving Forward. Enjoy :)

Eren's eyes slowly shift around the room. He had no clue where he was, but Y/n likely brought him to somewhere safe.

He wondered how long had been unconscious. Days? Weeks? Months? He wasn't sure at all.

He managed to wiggle his fingers and toes as he tried to gain some sort of nerve stimulation. When he feels the tips of them move. Relief swept over him that he didn't lose nerve function.

Now he wanted to sit up. To see if he can get up on his own at all. He jabs his elbows into the mattress for support as he attempts to use his core to lift his upper body. "Ugh" He grunts as he tries to sit up. He wanted a better view of the room he was in. It felt like an eternity before he manages to fully sit up from the bed. His breathing was heavy as it had been a lot of work. His head hung low as he sees his long hair falling in front of his face.

My body has gotten weaker. I must have been asleep for a while...

Eren was broken out of his thoughts when he hears the door of the bedroom open. He slowly turns his gaze towards the door. His belly started doing flips hoping it was Y/n.

He was wrong as he sees a tiny girl around the age of 12 enter the bedroom. She wore a plaid dress and her blonde hair was tied into a low bun. She was holding what looked to be sheets in her arms.

She enters the room her eyes peeling away from the door as her gaze shifts to the bed. The girl suddenly stops in her tracks as her tiny body jumps. She was startled to find Eren now sitting up. Her eyes make contact with his own.

The bedsheets suddenly fall from her arms and hit the floor. She still stood staring at Eren. "G-G-G-" she stutters out. Her entire body turns as she runs out of the room and down the hall.

"GRANDPA! GRANDPA! HE'S AWAKE!! That man is awake!" Eren hears the little girl shouting.

Now thumping noises echo within the walls as Eren assumed multiple bodies start running towards the room he was in.

Greg and Martha soon appear at the door with the little girl right next to them. Both adults were in a state of shock.

Martha shakes Greg's shoulder, "Greg, he's really awake. "

"Aye." Greg says back to her; his eyes were still on Eren.

He looks down to his wrist reading the watch on his arm. "Martha take Lilah to the kitchen. Bring us two glasses and a pitcher of water. Y/n will be home in a couple hours. Keep her occupied." He turns to face her as he mutters only for her to hear. "And don't tell her he is awake yet."

Martha nods as she takes Lilah with her to the kitchen.

Greg enters the room shutting the door behind him.

He then stands momentarily with his hands in his pocket. Eren was still watching him.

"So...you finally decided to wake up." Greg tries to break the silence only to be meet with continued silence from Eren.

Meanwhile, Eren was unsure what was going on and was concerned with his current surroundings.

"I'm a doctor boy. I've been taking care of you." Greg continues on as he goes to grab a chair pulling it up next to the bed. He takes a seat on the chair looking at Eren. "Can you speak?" Greg asks.

It took a moment or so, but Eren was able to mutter out a, "Yah." His voice was scratchy though. It was dry from lack of water.

Almost on cue Martha walks in with the glasses and water Greg asked for. She sets it on the table and then heads out of the room.